GM Hawks embrace diversity and empower each other to be successful and productive citizens.
- Before and after school tutoring is available for reading and math. Please contact your child's teacher if you are interested in more information.
- GISD will be hosting two community meetings called Power Hour: Giving Parents the Tools to Help Students Succeed. See the flyers in English and Spanish.
- Federal report cards for campuses are now available on the Texas Education Agency's website.
- Garland ISD is holding an expo for students going into the 6th grade. Middle school counselors will be at the Curtis Culwell Center from 6:00-8:00 pm to answer questions regarding course offerings in middle school.
- Keep up to date with important school information by reading the February newsletter in English and Spanish.
- We are proud to be an AVID school! The fourth six weeks newsletter is focused on thinking and questioning skills for students.
Golden Meadows Spotlight
Golden Meadows would like to thank Officer Reed for presenting to second grade on gun safety. They learned Eddie Eagle's safety slogan: "Stop! Don't touch. Leave the area. Tell an adult."
Your membership makes a difference! You will have an opportunity to join PTA during our "Meet and Greet." Your GM PTA has truly impacted the lives of all of our students. In the past, your PTA has provided school supplies and uniforms for students in need, bought playground equipment, sponsored guest speakers and helped out with the cost of school celebrations and picnics. We are proud to announce that Golden Meadows PTA and school have been designated as the 2014-2016 National PTA School of Excellence! See video
Be a GM Volunteer!
There are many ways to get involved in your child's education and one of the best ways is to become a GM volunteer. Our teachers and staff need help with chaperoning field trips, fundraising, PTA activities, reading to students, etc. Whether you can share one hour or one hundred hours of your time, we certainly have a spot for you at our campus.
Please visit the Be a Volunteer page to print out volunteer forms in English or Spanish. These forms will need to be turned into the front office in person. If you have questions about volunteering or need more information please call our front office. Thank you for your support; together we can truly make a difference!