Home of the Handley Panthers
Red Ribbon Week- Oct. 23-31
Red Ribbon week is the oldest and largest drug prevention campaign in the country.Red Ribbon serves as a vehicle for communities and individuals to take a stand for the hopes and dreams of our children through a commitment to drug prevention and education and a personal commitment to live drug free lives with the ultimate goal being the creation of a drug-free America.
Flu season is here. Here's what you can do:
- Stay Informed...TexasFlu.org is the DSHS site for flu information in Texas. Bookmark it. Dial 2-1-1 for flu information and vaccination locations in your area.
- Get Vaccinated... Get a flu vaccination now. It's the best way to protect yourself and others.
- Stop the Spread... Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer. Cover your coughs and sneezes. Stay home if you're sick. Have a plan to care for sick family members at home.
PTA WANTS YOU!!
Join PTA now and help make Handley a more productive place. Lets work together. Membership forms are due Oct. 21. Forms are collected in the office. Don't miss out, JOIN TODAY!
October is Cyberbullying Month
What yous Cyberbullying you ask....Cyberbullying happens when kids bully each other through electronic technology.
How to prevent Cyberbullying
- Know the sites your kids visit and all online activities
- Learn about the sites your kids like and try out the devices they use
- Ask for passwords
- Encourage your child to report any suspicious activity
- Don't respond to nor forward any cyberbullying messages
- Keep evidence
- Block the person
- Report to online service providers and any social media site
- Report to law enforcement
- Report to school administration