Our Video Announcements have been moved to a new page. Please visit Forest Films.
Check the Scholarship Page of the Naaman Forest Website for a complete listing of all scholarhips that are currently available in the Counselors' Office.
Posted Saturday, Sep 16, 2017 8:52:00 AM
Balfour met with the NFHS Ranger Juniors Thursday, September 14, 2017 to discuss their class rings. Each student was given a Balfour Class Ring Packet. Class Rings may be ordered online or on campus. Balfour will be at Naaman Tuesday and Wednesday, September 19 and 20, 2017 during all lunches to take orders. A deposit of $100.00 is required at the time of order. Remember Balfour will only be on campus these 2 days to take orders and answer questions. Orders may be made online at Balfour.
Posted Sunday, Sep 10, 2017 12:37:18 PM
The Naaman Forest Homecoming theme is "The Roaring 20's." Homecoming week is the week of September 25, 2017. Seniors vote for their homecoming court from September 8 - 14, 2017. For all information about homecoming including the dress up days, the pep rally, the pre-show, and the dance, please see Homecoming.
Posted Sunday, Sep 10, 2017 12:12:00 PM
Looking for Freshman Rangers that are ready to lead their class. Mr. Cabaniss is the Freshman Class Sponsor. He needs students to help lead the class to great things. If you would like to help lead the Class of 2021, you may download the application, Class of 2021, or pick one up outside the Main Office.
- remediation classes required for the EOC
- classes required for graduation due to failures the prior year
- classes required for endorsement
- classes chosen were dissolved due to not enough students….if no alternate classes were written on Choice of Subject form, counselor will have chosen an alternate
- student did not choose enough classes...if student did not return Class Verification Form, counselor will have chosen additional classes
- classes are only offered at similar times creating a conflict, so class had to be dropped….if no alternate classes were written on Choice of Subject form, counselor will have chosen an alternate
Students will only be able to access this with their Garland school email address. Changes will only be made for the reasons listed on the form. Senior Release or Senior Office Aide Requests will not be available until the third week of school.
In accordance with district polity, the final date for Schedule Change requests will be Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. The form will be closed at that time.
See below for the general school hours for 2017-18.
Pre-Kindergarten (revised June 29, 2017)
8:10 a.m. - 11:05 a.m. for Morning Pre-Kindergarten
12:25 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. for Afternoon Pre-Kindergarten
8:10 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
8:50 a.m. - 4 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
Gilbreath-Reed Career & Technical Center
- 7:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Early dismissal times
- Elementary School - 1:25 p.m.
- Middle School - 2:05 p.m.
- High School - 12:40 p.m.
Printable school hours fliers
Printable school year calendars
The search has started for a new superintendent and the Board of Trustees invites all GISD staff, families and community members to participate in the process.
The public is invited to complete our survey by July 21 to provide feedback regarding the desired qualities in a new superintendent.