Home of the Cowboys
Follow Keeley on Twitter
You can follow us @Keeley_Cowboys for all the latest Keeley news and updates on Twitter.
If you are not on Twitter, just text "Follow Keeley_Cowboys" to 40404 (make sure you put a space between follow and Keeley) and you will receive all of our information via TEXT message! You can also follow GISD @gisdnews.
Skyward is the new student information system in GISD that allows parents to see their child's grades, attendance, view report cards, as well as contact teachers. We now have all email addresses entered. Keeley has done a Skylert call-out to all parents letting them know that they should now be receiving emails from the campus and if they are not receiving emails to please call the Keeley data clerk. We have put blurbs in the monthly PTA newsletters as well reminding parents of Skyward usage.
Check out what is happening during the month of December at Keeley.
As you can see from the mountain of canned and boxed foods shown, Keeley's fierce classroom competition has truly benefitted the Hope N Hand Food Pantry located in Rowlett. The school as a whole collected almost 5000 items.
Although it was a tight race, the class who brought the most items was Mrs. Clayton's 3rd grade. This class will receive a pizza party and a free recess. In addition we had 6 more classes that brought over 300 cans. They will receive a free recess.
Thanks to all the students for their generous donations!
Employee of the Month
Katie Parker was recognized as Keeley's "Employee of the Month." She was honored at a luncheon hosted by the Rowlett Chamber of Commerce. Mrs. Parker has taught special education classes at Keeley for the past 18 years. She is well known for her excellent rapport with parents, students and teachers. Mrs. Parker always goes "above and beyond" to assist students who have learning disabilities, or others in need of specialized instruction. Keeley is very forunate to have such an experienced and dedicated teacher for special education students. Mrs. Parker resides in Rowlett with her husband, Dan, and became a new grandma for the first time this year.
Family Involvement At School
According to the National Coalition for Parent Involvement in education, research studies support:
- Students do better academically and socially when schools build positive relationships with families.
- Parent involvement in education is crucial. No matter their income or background, students with involved parents are more likely to have higher grades and test scores, have better social skills, and show improved behavior.
We Want You!
Keeley encourages all parents to be involved in their child's school education. We have many ways for you to participate.
- Join the PTA. The PTA sponsors so many of our school activities such as father/daughter dances, mother/son bingo, pastries for parents, and western day just to name a few.
- Be a volunteer. We always welcome volunteers and the students love having their parents at school. Parents can read to students, tutor kids, assist teachers, chaperone field trips, or help in the office.
- Be a W.A.T.C.H. Dog. This program has really taken off at Keeley. These male role models can be seen in their Watch Dog t-shirts around the school working with students and teachers in the classroom and at recess, putting up bulletin boards, and helping with student drop-off and crosswalk in the morning.
Get Your Keeley T-shirt!
Keeley "Positively Wild About Keeley" T-shirts are for sale. They are lime green with zebra lettering. Please fill out the order form and return to your teacher. The shirts are $12 each and you may pay cash or make check payable to Keeley.
Soft Drink Tabs
We will continue to save our drink tabs to help out the Ronald McDonald House. Students may put all the tabs in the large yellow container located in the front lobby.
||It's time to start thinking about the yearbook! Our Keeley yearbooks are unique because they come with two pages you can customize FREE. These pages will only appear in your book. You may get started by registering at Treering. If you need help, please follow these step by step instructions and if you have already registered from a previous year, your login credentials still work.
Keeley is trying something new this year. You may wish your child a happy birthday on the marquee! Summer birthdays can be recognized on their half birthday. Simply fill out the form and return to your child's teacher.