Book Bytes book trailer contest
It is almost time for the Book bytes contest. Students are encouraged to make a book trailer about a great book. The objective of the contest is to get others interested in reading the book. Students will be able to compete at the school and the district level. We are looking forward to many good entries this year. The 2017-2018 Bluebonnet books would be great choices for this contest. Check out the following trailer to learn more about the upcoming Bluebonnet book selections!
Dewey Decimal System
It really helps to memorize some of the Dewey numbers. Use this PowerPoint to help you. Knowing some Dewey numbers helps you to find books more quickly in the library.
Policies and procedures
- Pre-K may check out one board book at a time.
- Kindergarteners may check out one book at a time.
- First through fifth graders may check out up to three books at a time.
- Students who make the A Honor Roll can earn a "free book" coupon which allows them to check out up to four books at a time.
- Options for paying for lost books include paying in full or paying in installments of $5 per month.
Read the books that win the medals
Our library has so many wonderful books. If you are having trouble narrowing your choices, consider looking for the books that win the medals. Challenge your self to learn about the Pura Belpre Award, the Caldecott and Newberry Awards, Texas 2x2 books, the Coretta Scott King Award, and Texas Bluebonnet books.
Click here for a list of works cited.
The library staff
Monica Black earned a Master of Library Science Degree from Sam Houston State University in 2013. She began working at Shugart that same year. Cassandra Law has a B.A. Degree in Theater and one in Speech Pathology. She began working at Shugart in 2015.