Great things are coming
Congratulations are in order! Our librarian recently won a grant for $1500 from the GEF Foundation. The funds will be used to purchase materials needed for a mobile makerspace. We will have items teachers and students can use in the library or in their classrooms. Some items include math and science kits, along with other educational, fun supplies with which we can challenge our students to build, create, and be 21st century thinkers. Stay tuned for pictures and videos.
Policies and procedures
- Pre-K may check out one board book at a time.
- Kindergarteners may check out one book at a time.
- First through fifth graders may check out up to three books at a time.
- Students who make the A Honor Roll can earn a "free book" coupon which allows them to check out up to four books at a time.
- Options for paying for lost books include paying in full or paying in installments of $5 per month.
Read the books that win the medals
Our library has so many wonderful books. If you are having trouble narrowing your choices, consider looking for the books that win the medals. Challenge your self to learn about the Pura Belpre Award, the Caldecott and Newberry Awards, Texas 2x2 books, the Coretta Scott King Award, and Texas Bluebonnet books.
Monica Black earned a Master of Library Science Degree from Sam Houston State University in 2013. She began working at Shugart that same year. Cassandra Law has a B.A. Degree in Theater and one in Speech Pathology. She began working at Shugart in 2015.