Let's all read s'more books
The spring book fair starts April 21 and continues through April 28. This year, we are having a camping theme. We look forward to seeing you at the fair. We will have the 2017-2018 Texas Bluebonnet and Texas 2x2 books. Please be encouraged to read this summer.
April is National Poetry Month
April is National Poetry Month. Our students have been challenged to memorize a poem. Each morning, before school they may come to the library and recite their poems. They will select a background for a green screen video, and you can watch the video on this page. Check out these performances.
Check out Makayla's green screen video production.
Check out Christian's green screen video.
Policies and procedures
- Pre-K may check out one board book at a time.
- Kindergarteners may check out one book at a time.
- First through fifth graders may check out up to three books at a time.
- Students who make the A Honor Roll can earn a "free book" coupon which allows them to check out up to four books at a time.
- Options for paying for lost books include paying in full or paying in installments of $5 per month.
Read the books that win the medals
Our library has so many wonderful books. If you are having trouble narrowing your choices, consider looking for the books that win the medals. Challenge your self to learn about the Pura Belpre Award, the Caldecott and Newberry Awards, Texas 2x2 books, the Coretta Scott King Award, and Texas Bluebonnet books.
Click here for a list of works cited.
The library staff
Monica Black earned a Master of Library Science Degree from Sam Houston State University in 2013. She began working at Shugart that same year. Cassandra Law has a B.A. Degree in Theater and one in Speech Pathology. She began working at Shugart in 2015.