It is time to clear the fines
Parents, sadly, it is time to start preparing for the close of the library for the summer. Please make sure you work with the librarian and your child to pay any outstanding fines for books. Please make sure your child visits the public library and bookstores this summer. Do not forget to check the GISD website for where to find the Reading with Rodney bus this summer.
Policies and procedures
- Pre-K may check out one board book at a time.
- Kindergarteners may check out one book at a time.
- First through fifth graders may check out up to three books at a time.
- Students who make the A Honor Roll can earn a "free book" coupon which allows them to check out up to four books at a time.
- Options for paying for lost books include paying in full or paying in installments of $5 per month.
Read the books that win the medals
Our library has so many wonderful books. If you are having trouble narrowing your choices, consider looking for the books that win the medals. Challenge your self to learn about the Pura Belpre Award, the Caldecott and Newberry Awards, Texas 2x2 books, the Coretta Scott King Award, and Texas Bluebonnet books.
Click here for a list of works cited.
The library staff
Monica Black earned a Master of Library Science Degree from Sam Houston State University in 2013. She began working at Shugart that same year. Cassandra Law has a B.A. Degree in Theater and one in Speech Pathology. She began working at Shugart in 2015.