Exemptions are a privilege for those who follow the guidelines. Exemptions are for non-core courses, only.
Students are reminded that they are not exempt if they:
- Were not enrolled at RHS within the first five days of the semester
- Have more than 3 absences for the term
- Have any unexcused absences
- Have been assigned RAC, suspension, or AEC
- Are on the LOP list
- Are not passing the term
Students who qualify may exempt:
- Freshmen - 1 non-core class
- Sophomores - 2 non-core classes
- Juniors - 3 non-core classes
- Seniors - 3 non-core classes
Loss of Credit
The final loss of credit list for the Fall 2013 semester is now available and posted outside of the Assistant Principal's office. Petitioning sessions to regain credit will cost $10 each and will be held in the cafeteria from 2:40 until 5:40 p.m. on December 9 - December 13. For questions regarding LOC, please see Mr. Creel before or after school. Note: Absences continue to accrue and it is still possible for a student to be added to the LOC list for the semester.
Semester exams will be administered at RHS on December 18, 19 & 20. There will be early dismissal on December 19 & 20. The exams will be administered as follows:
- Wednesday, December 18 - 7th period exam (regular dismissal)
- Thursday, December 19 - 1st - 3rd period exams (early dismissal)
- Friday, December 20 - 4th - 6th period exams (early dismissal)
Speak Up 2013 Survey
Parents, students, teachers, staff, and community members are encouraged to complete the online Speak Up 2013 Survey to share your ideas about the use of technology for learning. The survey will be available through December 20.