Silver Award Winners
Rowlett, Sachse, and North Garland High Schools made the 2014 US News & World Report Best High Schools List.
The U.S. News rankings include data on more than 19,400 public high schools in 50 states and the District of Columbia. Schools were awarded gold, silver or bronze medals based on their performance on state assessments and how well they prepare students for college.
Congratulations to the Lady Eagles Softball Team
The 2014 Rowlett Eagle Softball team are the District Champions of 11-5A! They will be playing Mesquite High School in the bi-district round of the Texas State Softball Playoffs this Thursday and Saturday. Game times and sites are below.
Bi-District - Mesquite vs. Rowlett
- Game 1: Thursday, April 24/ Forester Field #1/ 7:00 PM (8233 Military Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75227)
- Game 2: Saturday, April 26/ Rowlett HS/ 1:00 PM (FREE ADMISSION)
- Game 3 (if necessary) – Saturday, April 26/ Rowlett HS/ 3:00 PM
Tickets (Thursday Only) are $5 for adults and $3 for students.
Final Exam Schedule
The end of the 2013-2014 school year is approaching. Please mark your calendars with the dates for exams. With the addition of June 6 as a bad weather make-up day, the exam and early dismissal schedules have changed from the original calendar.
- Tuesday - June 3
- Wednesday - June 4
- Seniors 4th, 5th and 6th period exams
- Underclassmen 7th period exam
- Thursday - June 5 (early dismissal)
- All students - 1st, 2nd and 3rd period exams
- Grades for seniors are due by the end of the day
- Friday - June 6 (early dismissal)
- Underclassmen 4th, 5th and 6th period exams
- Seniors Graduation Rehearsal at 1:15 p.m.
All AP Testing will be done on campus except English Language and US History. The English Language and US History exams will be given at the CCC. Students need to complete and return a field trip form to the Counseling Office by April 24, 2014. GISD will not provide transportation to the CCC.
April 28 through May 2 is "Senior Week". In celebration of senior year and prom, RHS seniors are encouraged to participate in the following theme days.
- Monday, April 28: Hawaiian Day - Wear what you would wear to a tropical vacation.
- Tuesday, April 29: Neon Day - Wear brightly colored clothing.
- Wednesday, April 30: College/Frat Day - Wear College or “Frat” clothing.
- Thursday, May 1: Marathon Day - Wear your workout clothing to school.
- Friday, May 2: Spirit Day - Wear your prom t-shirt or Rowlett spirit shirt.
This is a senior activity. Please make sure you are in dress code.
The Teen Academy is a one week program designed to give the teens of Rowlett a working knowledge of the Rowlett Police Department. There is no cost to anyone who enrolls. The classes will provide an overview of the various areas of law enforcement, including special weapons and tactics (SWAT), crime scene investigation (CSI), patrol, first aid/CPR, defensive tactics, courts, etc. The course dates for summer 2014 are June 23 to June 27, and July 28 to August 1 to be held at Coyle Middle School (location subject to change).