Math, Science & Technology
(MST) Magnet Program
Watson Technology Center for Math and Science offers an education unlike any other in Garland ISD. Access to innovative technology and a focus on math and science prepare students to be future leaders in emerging career fields. Project-Based Learning simulates the real world, with students working together to solve problems. Examples include: Water conservation, Sustainable good and services, and Cybersafety.
Community connections also help make experiences more meaningful and extend instruction beyond the classroom. Students regularly collaborate with college students, CEOs, city officials and more.
Named an Apple Distinguished Program, Watson provides true 21st-century environments. Students use MacBooks, iPads, iPods, robots, Arduinos, and Makey Makeys daily. The technology is used in projects such as; iBook Author, iMovie, GarageBand, Audacity, blogging and podcasting creations. Because of wireless Internet throughout the campus, learning takes place in hallways, outdoors, or wherever inspiration strikes.
Other features that make Watson MST special:
- Interactive weather station for student meteorologists to produce daily newscasts
- Greenhouse and classroom pets
- Field trips are integrated into our curriculum and important part of the Watson life
- Starlab, a portable planetarium
Apple Distinguished Program
- Visionary Leadership
- Innovative Learning and Teaching
- Ongoing Professional Learning
- Compelling Evidence of Success
- Flexible Learning Environment
To view a copy of the Elementary MST Program Brochure click here.
For information about the qualifications needed for admission to the MST Magnet Program please visit here.