College & Career Magnet
The Magnet Application window has opened. The PRIMARY PARENT/GUARDIAN must login to their Skyward account to complete the application. The student’s Skyward account will not show the application.
If you do not have Skyward access, please contact Mrs. Creekmore at 972-487-4428. She can complete the application for you and help you with your Skyward access.
Deadline to apply is January 15, 2016.
Magnet Application Information:
- The Primary Parent only will complete the online application through Skyward and they must use their Skyward login to apply for their child. The Magnet Application will not be visible from the student's login, only from the login of a Primary Parent.
- Skyward Family Access Magnet Application Instructions
- The May MAPS(NWEA) scores will be autofilled in all applications to determine qualification. However, if the student does not qualify based on these scores, we have the option of using their Fall 2015 PSAT scores.
- Students may only apply to two schools in a FIRST CHOICE/SECOND CHOICE process. Magnet second choice selections will be considered where seats are available.
- If accepted to their first or second choice school, the student will receive a letter stating where they will be enrolled for 2016-17 school year. This will automatically serve as their School of Choice form. However, if students do not get accepted to either Magnet choice, a School of Choice form must be submitted between January 28th and the end of February.
Miss the informational meeting held on December 1st?
Here's the presentation:
Connect to your Future!
The mission of LCHS, in partnership with home and community, is to prepare students to think, to communicate, to respect, and to understand the power of knowledge through excellent teaching, quality work, and positive guidance, assisting student to achieve more than a diploma.
The College and Career Magnet program at Lakeview Centennial High School is designed to prepare motivated students for entrance into college and for advancement in their chosen careers. Students will participate in academic and real-world endeavors allowing them to grow in knowledge and critical thinking skills. Students who participate in these programs have unique opportunities to leave high school with a strong foundation and with the background needed to pursue their future college and career goals.
Students may apply for one or more of the following unique programs: Law and Criminal Justice, Television Production and Broadcasting, or a Classical Center approach in Advanced Latin, Piano, and Dance. Each program offers specialized curriculum with qualified instructors. Each program provides students with a variety of experiences, beginning in the 9th grade.
The College and Career Magnet opened in School year 2001-2002 to students in grades 9-12. The College and Career Magnet is a continuation of the tradition of excellence at Lakeview Centennial High School.
Who is Eligible?
Students are eligible to apply for the College and Career Magnet programs at LCHS if they have scored at the 50th percentile or above on a standardized achievement test in reading, passed all parts of the TAKS, and have no history of serious discipline problems. Additionally, those students who wish to participate in the Dual Enrollment program must pass an AccuPlacer or alternative in reading and writing.
Students who are accepted into any of these programs will be offered district transportation.
- Television Production and Broadcasting
- Classical Center
- Future Teacher Internship
- Business and Marketing
- Law and Criminal Justice
Those individuals interested should contact Ms. Linda Jones, Assistant Principal, or Timi Creekmore at 972-240-3740. For additional information, please visit the College & Career page on the district site.