As part of the "No Child Left Behind Act", parents of students in Title I schools may request certain information regarding professional qualifications of their child's teacher(s).
High School ID Requirement
Garland ISD wants its students, staff, and parents to know the District is serious about safety. All high school students are required to wear a Student Identification Card (SIC) while on campus. Throughout the school day, students must clearly display SIC's around the neck with a lanyard. Additionally, anytime they are on GISD property -- after-school activities, school-sponsored events, etc. - students may be asked to produce their SIC as proof of identity.
Sign Up for Ms. Bailey's LC parent messages via Remind101. This is a great way to get updated information regarding Lakeview and our students.
- GISD's Parents Information page
Become More Involved
Title I Parent Involvement Policy Information
Be College and Career Ready
- Check out college and career guide and links.
- Your College and Admissions Checklist (Junior) (Senior)
- Ready! College. Career. Life.
- Texas Career and Technical Exploration
GISD College Awareness
The Ready! College.Career.Life program is an integral part of GISD culture. Helping students to explore,plan, and act is part of daily life in the classroom and special events across the district.
Commitment to Graduate
Commitment to Graduate® (C2G®) is an initiative to address the growing student dropout rate across America. It encourages students to strive for their high school diploma and set a goal for the next stage of life.
- GISD Code of Conduct (English) (Spanish)
- GISD Parent Involvement Policy (English) (Spanish)
- GISD Parent Online Gradebook - Access student grades and assignments.
- GISD Student Code of Conduct (English) (Spanish)
- GISD Volunteer information and forms - Find the required paperwork to become a volunteer (Volunteer Application form and Criminal Background Check).
- Parent Information and Resources-Garland ISD link for parent information and resources.
- College and Career Readiness-Garland ISD link to College and Career Readiness.
- Health Services- Health information and requirements for Garland ISD.
- Garland ISD Bus Transportation-Read about and route information.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus- Garland ISD Breakfast and Lunch menus.
- Free and Reduced-Priced Meals-Garland ISD information and forms for free and reduced meals.