With a grant from the Texas High School Project (THSP), GHS initiated the Achievement Academy with the ultimate goal of making all GHS students . . . College Ready, Career Ready, Life Ready! The Texas High School Project is dedicated to all Texas students graduating high school ready for college and career success and prepared to be contributing members of the community.
Please join us for the following services:
- Tutoring services in English, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Test preparation for EOC’s, STAAR Tests, and even TAKS
- College Preparation & Career Planning
- We can help you with completing your FASFA, RISING STAR, and College Applications
We even have English and Computer classes for your parents, also from 8:30-12:30.
Brochures with the schedule for the 2016-2017 school year (time is always 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) are below:
- Mr. Rodriguez (972-494-8492 x60009)
- Mrs. Gomez (972-494-8492 x60026)
- Mr. Oliver (972-494-8492 x 60026)
During the fall of 2005, administrators at GHS became aware of the fact that many students were unhappy with their lives. They were experiencing continuous problems with attendance, grades, campus discipline, and more importantly, they were having problems at home with their parents. The students wanted to get out of this cycle, but they did not have the skills needed to solve their problems. They were tired of the stress at home and at school. Parents and educators wanted the same thing. GHS administrators and teachers accepted the challenge to help students turn their lives around.
Breakfast: 8:30 am