Passport to Success -
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Dorsey would like to wish your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Enjoy your break and we will see you back on Tuesday, January 6th.
Love and Logic
The Garland ISD Special Education Department will continue to offer Love and Logic sessions for parents/guardians who reside within the GISD school boundaries. During the spring session, three series of classes will be held on Tuesday nights, beginning January 20, 2015 from 6:30 to 8:00 PM at the Professional Development Center, 870 W. Buckingham Road, Garland, 75040.
Vote for your favorite teacher to win Teacher of the Month
At the end of each month the GISD teacher with the most votes will be named as teacher of the month, and win this car to drive for a month...Learn More
Box Tops for Education
Did you know you can help raise money and make a difference for your child's school simply by purchasing specially marked items? Box Tops for Education is a program where your can earn cash for your child's school by clipping and trimming Box Tops. Every time you purchase a Box Top for Education product, trim the Box Top on the dotted line and send it to school with you child.
Please turn in all box tops to Ms. Smith (Music) or Mrs. Geurian (PE)
The Nurse is In...
January Healthy Tips
Great New Year's Resolutions for Kids!
- I will drink reduced-fat milk and water every day, and drink soda and fruit drinks only at special times.
- I will try to find a sport (like basketball or soccer) or an activity (like playing tag, jumping rope, dancing or riding my bike) that I like and do it at least three times a week!
- I will always wear a helmet when riding a bike.
- I will wear my seat belt every time I get in a car. I'll sit in the back seat and use a booster seat until I am tall enough to use a lap/shoulder seat belt.
- I'll be friendly to kids who may have a hard time making friends by asking them to join activities such as sports or games.
- I will never encourage or even watch bullying, and will join with others in telling bullies to stop.
- I promise to follow our household rules for videogames and internet use.
For more health information see Garland ISD Health Services.
If you're already a Twitter user follow @gisdnews for important information, good news, school closings and upcoming events.