Garland Independent School District and Dallas County Community Colleges are proud to offer juniors and seniors the opportunity to obtain college credit in a variety of subjects. Please read the information below and visit the Dual Credit portion of the GISD website to learn more.
Process for applying to the Dual Credit Program:
Fall round of applications due October 27, 2017, at 3:00 p.m.
Second round of applications due February 23, 2018, at 3:00 p.m.
You are TSI exempt if:
- SAT - A minimum score of 480 on the Evidence Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) test shall be exempt for both Reading and Writing sections of the TSI Assessment; A minimum score of 530 on the Mathematics test shall be exempt for the Mathematics section of the TSI Assessment. There is no combined score.
- ACT composite score of 23 with a minimum of 19 in both Math and English portions of the test.
- Level II or higher on English II STAAR EOC and a combined total score of 4,000.
TSI testing dates for current 10th and 11th grade students at GHS:
Testing date information coming soon. Students with completed paperwork will receive location and time from Ms. Sharp.
Core/CTE Dual Credit courses available for 11th and 12th grade students:
|GHS-0505 English Language AP/DC||Richland-English 1301/English 1302|
|GHS-0506 English Literature AP/DC||Richland-English 2332/English 2333|
|GHS-2107 US History AP/DC||Richland-History 1301/History 1302|
|GHS-2222 Government||AP/DC Richland-Government 2305|
|GHS-1637 PreCalculus PreAP/DC||Richland-Math 1314/Math 1316|
|GHS-2322 Intro to Psychology DC||Richland-Psychology 2311|
|8F205 Accounting I||Richland-|
|8D515 Principles of Business, Marketing & Finance||Richland-|
|8D235 Business Law||Richland-|
|8D125 Business Information Management I||Richland-POFI 1341 MSO|
|8K205 Digital Media DC||Richland-POFI 1341 DIM|
|8D205 Global Business DC||Richland-IBUS 1305|
|8F305 Financial Math||Richland-POFT 1321|
|8N215 Fashion Marketing||Richland-|
|8N315 Practicum in Marketing DC||Richland-MRKG 1311|
|8D125 Business Information Management I||Richland POFI 1301 - Computer Application 1|
|8F105 Money Matters||Richland POFT 1321 - Business Math|
Current Dual Credit students will need to pick up the Dual Credit Returning students only packet in the counseling office.
Performance in a High School Dual Credit course can affect future financial aid eligibility in college. Students must show SAP-Satisfactory Academic Progress. To keep getting financial aid every semester, you must move forward in your program of study. You must meet all three criteria:
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative overall GPA.
- Maintain a 75% completion rate for all attempted credit hours.
- Credit hours that do not exceed 150% of the minimum number of hours required to complete your program of study.