Guidance & Counseling Corner
Meet Our Counselor
I’m Margarita González; I have been the counselor here at Cisneros PK since Oct. 2008.
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Bilingual Education learn more ...
From the Counselor’s Heart
Parents, I would like to remind you that just as we teach our children to dress up and to ride a bicycle; in that same manner, we should teach read more ...
Guidance Lessons for the First Semester
In the first semester we learn character building lessons to improve our behavior and develop character. We will learn…
Guidance Lessons for the Second Semester
In the second semester your child will learn valuable lessons that will help them their entire life. Keep reading ...
At Cisneros We Are College Bound
During the month of September, the teachers decorated their doors with multiple college pennants and students work to demonstrate their college awareness. The educational activity, turned into a fierce contest that was enjoyed by students and staff.
To increase our students College Awareness, the students toured the hallways enjoying the displays of the beautifully decorated doors and learned abundantly about the many colleges and universities in the vicinity. As a culminating activity, the students and staff wore their favorite college/university apparel. Here at Cisneros, We’re College Bound!
Some of the Activities and Programs provided here at Cisneros
Biweekly classroom guidance lessons focused around character development such as:
- Individual and group counseling
- College Awareness Activities
- Prevention Programs:
- Fire Safety
- Substance Abuse (Red Ribbon Week Activities)
- WHO Program (Stranger Danger & Safe and Unsafe Touches)
- Bullying Prevention: R-Time and Guidance Lessons
- Parenting Classes: Love & Logic (English and Spanish)
- Consultant to parents and staff
Do you ever feel frustrated because your child doesn't seem to listen to you? Or do you ever feel like you just really aren't sure how you should effectively discipline your child? I know I have felt that way with my sons before! Well let me introduce you to the Love & Logic philosophy!
Love & Logic was developed keep reading ...
What Builds Respectful, Responsible Kids
- Make sure your child knows that you love and respect him/her.
- Explain that there are rules everywhere to keep him/her safe.
- Follow up with actions/consequences immediately, so they learn to listen to you the first time.
- Be CONSISTENT
- Don’t rescue them from the consequences of their wrong actions that is the only way to learn to make good choices.
You are the parent, children need parents who care enough about them to set limits and enforce them. Discipline is not punishment
What Can My Counselor Do For Me
Counselors will help you read more ...