Quick Facts About North Garland High School
North Garland High School
Math, Science, Technology Magnet
2109 Buckingham Rd. (Map)
Garland, TX 75042
Phone: (972) 675-3120
Fax: (972) 675-3145
The mission of North Garland High School is to prepare responsible, ethical and productive citizens and to promote lifelong learning through quality teaching in a positive learning environment that meets the diverse individual needs of all students in order to ensure student success in an ever-changing society.
- Students' learning needs should be the chief priority and primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- Students need not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work as well as applying their learning in meaningful contexts.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs; therefore, students should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.