To view/order online: April 17th - 25th
Go to: www.soimagesphoto.com
Click on the "Customers" tab
Select the "Sachse HS Prom" gallery
The password is: gostangs
SHS dress code will be enforced, guests included. If in doubt, see a principal.
SHS students will need a current SHS School ID for admittance into prom
If you need to purchase a Student ID, then you can purchase one BEFORE SCHOOL ONLY in the Gym Concession Stand. Cost is $3.
If you are bringing a guest to the Senior Prom who is NOT a Sachse student, then you need to complete the Dance Guest Permission Form.
NO forms will be accepted at the door.
Guests will need valid picture ID for admittance into prom.
All completed forms should be returned to the AP office by Wednesday, April 13th!
Prom Dress Code
Girls will wear semi formal attire or formal gowns or pantsuits. Strapless and spaghetti straps will be permitted.
- Dresses are to be no more than 2 inches above the knee (front and back). This also applies to slits in dresses. Dress must also be at the appropriate length even if leggings are worn underneath the dress.
- Dress may not be extremely low-cut in the front or back. The front of the dress must not fall below the bra line; the back of the dress must not fall below the waist. The back of your dress must not be open past your back. Your sides must be covered. No dresses are permitted that are open or sheer on the front or sides of the dress, unless the openness is covered by solid material.
- Dresses may not be extremely tight/form-fitting. Be aware of the material that gathers and rises when you walk.
- If the dress/skirt has sheer material over the lining of the dress, then the lining of the dress must be no more than 2 inches above the knee (front and back). The sheer material is not what will be measured.
- Back of the dress must not fall below the waist
- The front of the dress must not fall below the bra line
- Dresses are to be no more than 2 inches above the knee (front and back)
- Dress must also be at the appropriate length even if leggings are worn underneath the dress.
The following will not be permitted:
- Two-piece formal gowns or pants and top, where the midriff is showing
- Dresses with revealing cut-outs
- See-though gowns (this includes sheer/mesh overlays that do not have material underneath). If the see through gowns need to be lined with backing so they are no longer see through.
- Torn clothing
Boys are encouraged to wear a suit or sports coat, but at a minimum, they are expected to wear semi-formal wear, such as slacks, nice shoes, and a nice shirt. Torn clothing will not be permitted. Ties are encouraged, but not required.
If the attire is questionable, students are encouraged to show their evening wear to administrators beforehand to determine if it is dance appropriate.
The determination of the appropriateness of student dress and grooming shall rest with the principal/assistant principals.
Students and their dates who are non-compliant with the dress code will not be admitted to the dance or will be escorted out of the dance. No refunds will be given for dance dress code infractions in which these students are asked to leave.
Students will not be permitted into the dance or will be escorted out of the dance. No money will be refunded.
Suggestive Dancing and Public Displays of Affection
Styles of dancing that the administration /chaperones determine to be inappropriate for a school dance setting will not be permitted. The style of dancing referred to includes dancing in a manner that strongly suggests sexual activity.
Public displays of affection will not be acceptable. The behavior referred to includes kissing or other displays of intimacy inappropriate for a school dance setting.
As parents, we know that you entrust us to provide the best environment for your student not only during the day but at evening activities as well. Monitoring activities such as dance, public display of affection, and attire will allow us to accomplish this endeavor. We will notify you by phone if your student is not being admitted to the dance because of attire or being asked to leave because of inappropriate dancing or conduct.