Keeley Elementary has the most awesome volunteers. We truly appreciate everyone who donates their time to our school. We are always in need of volunteers and you do make a difference. A few of the many reasons people volunteer:
- Makes you feel a part of the school
- You become more involved in your child's life
- Gives you the opportunity to try new skills
- Improves student success
- Self satisfaction
Current volunteer needs
- Keeley Book Fair - We need your help to pull off the best book fair ever. Please consider signing up for just one hour. We need all the help we can get. Volunteering at the book fair is one of the most fun and rewarding ways to get involved in helping students become better readers. Please contact Mrs. Riland for more information.
- Teacher helpers - Check with your child's teacher to see if they need help. There is usually projects that you can do at home such as cutting out laminating.
Volunteer application process & how to apply to volunteer
For the safety of all students, the Garland Independent School District requires all potential volunteers who will work at any campus receive a background check by the Department of Public Safety (DPS). This check will be completed using the Raptor Volunteer Management System. Please contact Natalie Galitz for more information.
- You will need to provide a photo ID to the front office. This information will be entered into the Raptor system. We will scan your ID and take your picture.
- The office staff will give you instructions on how to complete an online application which can be completed at home or in the front office.
- A background check will be sent and as soon as it clears, usually within 2-3 days, we will send you an email.
Participate in an organization
WatchDOGS (Dads of Great Students) are fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and any other father figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or other administration. This program provides positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important. To sign up or if you need further information, please contact Rob Morgan.
Keeley's PTA is committed to your success. The PTA brings together parents, teachers, and other citizens of the community whose sole purpose is the welfare of children. You will be demonstrating support for your child's school as well as getting connected with what is happening at school. You may pick up a form in the front office or for more information, please contact Malesa Rose.