Home of the Eagles
Moving along and moving up!
It's that time of year again! Time to think about choosing a school and choosing which classes to take next year. Our 8th grade students should be receiving information about IB and Collegiate Academies. Our incoming 5th graders should be receiving information about acceptance and audition information. Regardless of the school you choose, GISD works hard to make every school the best it can be.
One way to ensure you are heading in the right direction is to set an educational goal. We know that every student is set to graduate from high school, but what about his/her path after graduation? Have you visited the GISD Ready site? It focuses on helping students and parents to understand the college process.
The Ready site begins by discovering a student's interests and turning them into careers. From there, parents and students can investigate schools, financial assistance, and make a plan for the future.
Start this year off in the right direction! Take a look at what GISD offers to get you Ready.
Vex Robotics on their way to Worlds!
You may remember our Robotics team from last year. They made GISD news earlier this school year with their performances at local competitions and again with their most recent victories. They are continuing in their usual Austin Excellence way and have qualified for Worlds again this year. They have competed against high school level teams and teams ranked internationally and have come away victorious. As they prepare for their last challenge as AAE Eagles, we wish them well in their preparations and the best of luck in their final competition.
Parents of 8th Graders
The AAE End of Year Party is fast approaching. It's a fun and memorable experience for our kids to celebrate the end of their middle school years. We are looking for parents and associated adults to be a part of this amazing event. If you can contrbuite ideas, thoughts, suggestions or time or if you just want to be in the loop of what's going on, please send us an email and we'll add you to the mail-out list. We can then notify you of meeting times and take your feedback - firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Know
- Congratulations to our Pentathalon teams! They walked away with over 100 individual medals. We are so proud of your efforts!
- Do you have questions about the new Foundation High School Program and the new graduation requirements. Check out the GISD website dedicated to answering those questions.
- Title 1 information and references have been added to the Resources page.
- Congratulations to our Orchestra students for their amazing performance at Solo and Ensemble. For more information about the results, please see our Orchestra pages.
- We are very proud of our band students as their participation at Solo and Ensemble was more than ever expected. For more information, please see our Band pages.
- Cheerleader packets are also available in the office, including some of the high schools'. Applications are due no later than 4pm on Mar 21.
back to top
back to top