Home of the Eagles
From the Principal's Desk:
Welcome, Austin Academy for Excellence parents and teachers!
As the commencement of the 2014-2015 school year approaches, it is a tremendous honor to have the opportunity to forge new relationships with our first year students, strengthen relationships with our returning students, and provide multiple avenues for all of our students to experience success.A critical component in maximizing this effort is our communication with parents.To support this endeavor, we invite and encourage all educational stakeholders to access and utilize the various media tools including the GISD website, AAE website, twitter and e-mail.
Additionally, please plan on attending Meet the Teacher Night on September 17, 2014. This event will include a 6:00 p.m. PTA meeting followed by an opportunity to walk through student schedules and hear a brief introduction from each teacher. To compensate for our limited parking, a shuttle bus will transport attendees from the parking lot of the Alternative Education Center (AEC, at the intersection of Country Club and Miller) to Austin Academy and back.Parents may park at either location, but we recommend using the shuttle.
On behalf of the entire staff and faculty of Austin Academy, please be assured that we graciously and sincerely accept our role in facilitating each student’s educational growth and welcome partnerships with our parents. Feel free to contact the school if we may be of assistance.
Looking forward to a fantastic school year!
First Day Packet information
Several important forms will be sent home on the first day in the Signature Packet
envelope. Please take
special note of the Family Verification Form
. This form will be used to :
- verify your family's contact information
- gather your email address
New Faculty and Staff
Please join us in welcoming new members to our staff:
- Julie Goodwin - Piano
- Aaron Gallagher - Theater
- Bree Parmer - 7th and 8th ELA
- Amy Patterson - 7th Science
- Brian Chandler - ABC unit
- Linda Erickson - Speech Pathologist
- Savoy Wilkerson - 6th ELA
In the Know
- Do you have questions about the new Foundation High School Program and the new graduation requirements. Check out the GISD website dedicated to answering those questions.
- We will have Jordan Sonnenblick joining us again in the fall. Our sixth graders should read "Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie" over the summer. Seventh Grade has been assigned "Curveball" and eighth grade should read "Notes from the Midnight Driver". Take some time this summer to read a few of his other books too. GISD has also published a suggested reading list for students. Be sure to take advantage of summer reading programs at the local libraries.
back to top
back to top