Home of the Eagles
Robotics teams to go to VEX Worlds in April
We want to wish best of luck to Mr. Bankston and teams 7504E, 7504X, 75040Z VEX IQ, as they prepare to meet robotics teams from around the world in Louisville, KY later this year. Many thanks to the parents, sponsors, and supporters that have helped them reach this goal. We know that our teams will do very well. Good Luck!
Read about their amazing year and journey to the Worlds Competition as published by DMN. Please also see the article on the Garland ISD website. Watch the robots and drivers on a clip from "Good Morning Texas"
Book Bytes Winner
Congratulations to Elizabeth K for her First Place video about "Found" by Margaret Peterson Haddix. Ms. Haddix will also be our guest author for next year. Check out Elizabeth's video and other winning entries.
Theater Team attended the Garland Jr. Classic Speech and Debate Tournament and earned First Place Overall. Many students brought home trophies and medals.
133 of our orchestra students competed in their UIL competitions. Congratulations to Honors Orchestra for earning a Sweepstakes award!
Congratulations to our Honors and Symphonic Bands for their performances at UIL on April 9 and 10. Honors earned the Sweepstakes award while Symphonic was presented with Sight Reading Award.
Pentathlon moves on to Regionals
Congratulations to our outstanding Pentathlon teams! At their first competition this year, the 7th grade team won second in Super Quiz and 1st Place Overall. The 8th grade team won first in Super Quiz and 1st Place Overall. Together, the teams brought home almost 200 medals. Way to go!
Eighth Grade Party plans
Plans are underway for an amazing 8th Grade Party in May. Parents can help out by volunteering their time or helping to support the party financially. More details will be available as we get closer to the event date.
Dance tickets will be on sale during lunches on April 16 and 17, April 23 and 24, and the week of April 27. The last day to purchase tickets is May 1. Tickets are $10 each before the dance, and $20 at the door.
In the Know
- Be sure to vote for your favorite teacher to win Jupiter Chevrolet's Teacher of the Month. The winning teacher gets to drive a special car for the month.
- The 8th grade is planning a field trip to the Perot Museum on May 29. More information will be sent home to parents in the next few weeks.
- PTA is also selling school supplies for the 15-16 school year to incoming 6th graders and 7th graders. Forms are available in the office. Deadline for orders is May 29.
- Eighth graders received their Choice of Subject forms on April 10. Once choices have been made, please return the signed forms to the counselors asap.
- Inexpensive athletics physicals will be available at Lyles MS Community Health Fair on May 9.
Austin Academy is proud to be an AVID school!