Grade Credit Recovery
The district offers students with failing grades on Report Cards in Regulars level, Math,
Science, Social Studies Reading or English the opportunity to recover failing grades... more
Field Trip Academic & Behavior Requirements
ALL students 6th-8th must return the Field Trip Academic & Behavior Requirement form signed by both the student and the parent. The form must be returned, by Friday, even if you are not going on the field trip. If you do not return the form you cannot attend the field trip!
BYOD for Math
Recently, CMS 6th grade Math held a BYOD day (bring your own device). Students used their own devices (cell phone, tablet, iPad, etc.) with a QR Code Reader to learn Math while doing a Scavenger Hunt. The topic was Solving One-Step Equations and Inequalities. The object of the scavenger hunt was to solve a problem in one location then use the QR code reader to find your answer at another location. The new location was your next problem to solve.
As you can tell by the photos in Media Gallery, students said it was lots of fun and loved using their phones in class.
ROCK - Reaching Our Community's Kids
We are thrilled to inform you of a unique learning opportunity recommended for your daughter or son, provided through a Mentoring Partnership between middle school students and high school student volunteers...more
AVID - Decades of College Dreams
Coyle Middle School is currently seeking students who want to participate in the AVID program.
Student selection will begin soon & an appliction must be completed and turned in to Mr. Grafford. before February 20th. The following are requirements to be followed in order to be accepted into the AVID program:
1. The students must have the individual determination to attend college.
2. The students must be willing to give up an elective class in order to take the AVID Elective class.
3. The student must enroll in at least one advanced class (Honors) every semester that they are enrolled in the AVID Elective class.
4. The student must pass the STARR tests and/or End of Course exams.
Students can get an application from Mr. Grafford in room 16. If you have any questions you can email Mr. Grafford.
Dallas Mavericks & UPS Teacher Recognition
The Dallas Mavericks and The UPS Store have teamed up to present the 11th Annual Teacher Recognition Program, created to recognize North Texas educators for their work in the classroom... more
Family Involvement At School
According to the National Coalition for Parent Involvement in education, research studies support:
- Students do better academically and socially when schools build positive relationships with families.
- Parent involvement in education is crucial. No matter their income or background, students with involved parents are more likely to have higher grades and test scores, have better social skills, and show improved behavior.
Skyward Family Access
Are you logging in to see your students grades and attendance online? Please take a moment to verify that the contact email adress(es) on file in Skyward are accurate. Skyward will be a major form of communication from the school to you. Important information from teachers and administrators at Coyle communicated throughout the year using Skyward. If you are new to Skyward:
- Visit this page on GISD's website for more information.
- Steps to Creating and Activating GISD Family Access Account.
- Family Access Account has many features including your student's grade book, attendance, messages from teachers and administration about upcoming events and news.
Parent Connection Newsletter
GISD Parent Monthly Newsletters are designed to help you help your child achieve academic success.
Vote for Your Favorite Teacher to Win Teacher of the Month
At the end of each month the GISD teacher with the most votes will be named as teacher of the month, and win this car to drive for a month...Learn More