Home of the Bears
All Garland ISD students in grade 7 will be administered the STAAR or STAAR A writing Testin on March 30 and 31, 2015. Students in grade 8 will be administered the STAAR, STAAR L, or STAAR A Reading test on March 31, 2015. Please help your child perform at his or her best by doing the following:
- Express confidence in your child's ability to do well.
- Have your child go to bed early enough to get plenty of rest.
- Prepare a good breakfast, but not a heavy one, for your child on test day(s).
- Be sure your child is not late for school on test day(s).
Students will not be allowed in testing rooms with bags, backpacks, or binders on testing days. Please leave them at home or store them in lockers.
iPads at Webb
Webb has recently purchased two iPad carts available for teachers to check out. 7th grade Texas History classes used the ipads for a Civil War research project. The students used the devices to search for information, images, and sources for the project. 8th Math used a free app to use with preparing and practicing for the upcoming STAAR exam. 7th science classes used a QR reader to study types of animals. Also, 8th grade English classes used iMovie on the iPads to create a movie trailer based on the novel Monster by Walter Dean Myers. The trailers had to contain plot summary, characters, theme, and tone of the book.
New Middle School Enrichment Program for middle school students entering 7th or 8th grade will be offered this summer. Registration will begin April 20th - May 22nd.
Naaman Forest Ranger Roundup
All students attending Naaman Forest High School next year should attend on Thursday, March 26th, from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Come to learn about course offerings for your student for the 2015-2016 school year. You can also visit our Electives Fair in the gym. Sessions will be offered led by our counseling team focusing on course selections, graduation requirements, Pre-AP/AP/ and Dual Credit courses.
A brief PTSA meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium as well. Come and see how your student can become involved in The Forest as a Ranger. Light snacks will be provided.
Powder Puff Game
The annual Webb Powderpuff Football Game will be held from 6 PM to 8 PM at the Naaman Forest HS Stadium this Friday night. The entrance fee is three dollars. Come see the seventh-grade girls battle it out with the eighth grade girls on the football field, while the seventh and eighth-grade boys cheer them on. The six graders will be putting on an epic halftime show. All students, parents and friends are invited. Bring extra money for concessions. The grade level that has the most people attend the game will win a free dress day!
- Any 8th grade girls interested in GISD JV Drill team in high school next year need to go by room 45 to pick up a packet.
- Track schedule for times and locations can be located in on the schedules page.
- Baylor Garland will be at Webb on May 14th from 3-6 p.m. They will be helping get or athlete's physical packets done in a timely manner. The cost for a physical will be $20.
Pop Tabs for Ronald McDonald House of Dallas
The Webb Student Council is hosting a pop tab drive. We are asking that each class collect tabs: and, then turn them into the office to the main collection jar. We will collect tabs until the first week of May.
- Ronald McDonald House of Dallas (RMHD) is the only organization that provides a temporary home-away-from-home for families whose children are receiving treatment for a serious illness or injury at a Dallas area hospital.
- Read more about the Ronald McDonald House and how you are helping by giving pop tabs.
Webb has now joined the world of Twitter! Start following today for the latest campus and district updates and announcements.
Parent Connection Newsletter
GISD Parent Monthly Newsletters are designed to help you help your child achieve academic success.
Vote for Your Favorite Teacher to Win Teacher of the Month
At the end of each month the GISD teacher with the most votes will be named as Teacher of the Month, and win this car to drive for a month! Each month's voting deadline is the 23rd, so get your votes in...Learn More
Do you have suggestions for the website or content that you would like to see displayed? Please email WEB-Webmaster@garlandisd.net with your comments or questions. All inquiries will receive a response.