Home of the Bears
News regarding Ebola
Drug Awareness Week
The week of October 27 - 31, 2014 has been designated Drug Awareness Week (formally known as Red Ribbon Week). In keeping with past traditions, the students will 'dress up' to show their support and never take drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products.
- Monday: Team Up Against Drugs Day. Students may wear favorite team jersey or shirt with standardized pants.
- Tuesday: Sock It to Drugs Day. Students may wear crazy socks with standardized dress.
- Wednesday: Let's All Wear Red Day! Students may wear red shirt (school appropriate) with jeans.
- Thursday: Don't Sweat about Drugs. Students may wear sweatpants with uniform shirt.
- Friday: Put a Cap on Drugs day. Students may wear hats.
This year Webb has adopted 50 families to feed for the Holidays. Please view the attached flyer to find what your students 1st period class is collecting.
- We are also taking $1.00 donations to purchase fifty $10.00 gift cards for meat.
- This food drive will start Thursday, October 23, 2014 through Monday, November 10, 2014
Breast Cancer Awareness
During the month of October Webb will be supporting a fight for the cure! A pink out pep rally took place Oct.21st to honor loved ones who are affected by breast cancer, the pep rally was featured in an online article and also a photo gallery. Nurse Fields is taken donations all this week during lunch for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Please show your support by donating to help fight for the cure.
Skyward Family Access
Did you know you can see your students grades and attendance online?
- Visit this page on GISD's website for more information. For help on which email address the school has on record please contact the front office at (972) 675-3080.
Spring Trip Information
Is your 7th or 8th grader interested in the spring trip to Washington D.C.?
- Next meeting will take place Oct. 30th. See attached flyer for more details.
- The trip promises to be an amazing experience for students, with visits to many of the historical sites in our nation's capital. You can also contact Webb teacher and trip sponsor, Glenda Williams, at email@example.com.
AVID at Webb
Webb is excited to announce that AVID has arrived! AVID is a college readiness program dedicated to student success. This year, Webb will have one 7th grade elective AVID class taught by Joey Snelson and one 8th grade class taught by Katy Flick. While these are the only AVID classes this inaugural year, AVID will be spread campus wide as well as all teachers have been trained on the AVID system. For more information, visit the avid website or contact our AVID Coordinator, Katy Flick.
Check out Webb's PTA page! Membership, apparel, and newsletters can all be found on the link below.
Webb has now joined the world of Twitter! Start following today for the latest campus and district updates and announcements.
Parent Connection Newsletter
GISD Parent Monthly Newsletters are designed to help you help your child achieve academic success.
Vote for Your Favorite Teacher to Win Teacher of the Month
At the end of each month the GISD teacher with the most votes will be named as Teacher of the Month, and win this car to drive for a month! Each month's voting deadline is the 23rd, so get your votes in...Learn More
Do you have suggestions for the website or content that you would like to see displayed? Please email WEB-Webmaster@garlandisd.net with your comments or questions. All inquiries will receive a response.