Rules and Regulations
Lakeview Centennial High School is committed to maintaining a policy of safety and respect regarding transportation and parking. Students will be expected to abide by all state, county, city, school traffic laws, and regulations at all times. The following guidelines have been established to promote this policy. Please read this carefully before you buy a parking sticker. Parking on campus is a privelege that can be denied or revoked by the Administration. By purchasing a parking sticker, you agree to attend over 90% of the school days and will follow all rules and regulations. Students who fail to adhere to the rules and regulations below will have their parking priveleges suspended or revoked.
- Every student must exercise extreme caution when entering and leaving the parking area and school grounds. Excessive speeding or reckless driving is prohibited. Security demands that upon arrival in the parking lot students leave their vehicles and immediately enter the building. Under no circumstances may a student go to his/her car during the school day without a written pass or verbal agreement from an administrator. Students should no tuse their automobiles as lockers. Students found in the parking lot during the school day without authorization are subject to disciplinary action.
- Vehicles must be parked only in designated parking lots. NO VEHICLE is to be driven/parked on playing fields, bus lanes, fire lanes, delivery zones behind the cafeteria, or other such areas not intended for regular vehicle use.
- The use and possession of tobacco products is prohibited in the parking lots.
- Fighting or encouraging others to fight in the parking lot is not allowed.
- Security personnel will patrol the parking lot every day. Student are expected to identify themselves when asked and to cooperate with security at all times.
- Parking stickers must be permanently affixed to inside bottom left corner of windshield. (Not taped to window or sitting on the dashboard)
- Pedestrians and school buses will always be given the right of way; the latter is especially important when the buses are leaving after school.
- Drivers are not to allow other students to ride on the hood, bumpers, or any other exterior part of their car.
- If the student should lose his/her parking sticker, a replacement should be obtained in the main office at a cost of five dollars.
- Cars parked in the band practice area must be removed by 3:00 each day.
Failure to comply with the rules and regulations above, including all posted signs and notices pertaining to parking can result in:
- Vehicle booted
- Vehicle towed
- Suspension of driving priveleges for a period of time to be determined by the Principal or Assistant Principal
- Loss of driving priveleges
- School disciplinary action
Accident on Campus
In the even of an accident on campus, please adhere to the following procedures:
- Exchange name, phone number, and insurance information
- If no one is in the other vehicle, leave a note with your name and phone number.
- Please notify the administration immediately. If necessary, the school will call the police and assist in the investigation.
Use of a Second Car
If you need to drive a different vehicle for a short period of time, you need to see Mrs. Kincaid in the main office. You will need a valid Driver's License and your sticker number to obtain a temporary permit. Temporary permits are issued on a 1-day basis to students who already have a permanent sticker. For each additional day, you will be assessed $2.00.
Replacement permits will only be issued if the student has his/her receipt and/or the old sticker. If your car is wrecked or sold, please remove the old sticker and return when purchasing another sticker. Duplicates are $5.00. If a replacement sticker is needed and the student does not have a receipt and/or part of the old sticker, the cost is $20.00 and must be accompanied by a note from the parent. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. If you change vehicles permanently, bring your old sticker and five dollars to get a new one from Mrs. Kincaid.
Towed or Booted Cars
Vehicles will be towed by:
Marion's Wrecker Service
5161 Boyd Blvd.
Rowlett, TX 75088
- Towing - $95.00
- Impound fee - $10.00
- Storage fee - $16.24 per day on the fifth day and additional charge of $32.00 for certified letter.
Vehicles will be booted:
- Boot fee - $20.00
Any cars left with a boot on after 4:00 p.m. will be towed at the owner's expense.