Home of the EXEMPLARY
Early release for students on Wednesday, October 29th
All students will be dismissed at 1:15 pm on Wednesday, October 29th. Please make arrangements for your student to be picked up on time. Teachers will remain on campus throughout the afternoon for Staff Development.
Celebrate Red Ribbon Week
Show your support as we take a stand against drugs! Here's how we will celebrate on October 27th through October 31st:
- Monday: “Go Red”- Wear RED day!
- Tuesday: “Give Drugs the Boot” - Wear boots and jeans. If Tuesday is your PE day, don’t forget to bring tennis shoes!
- Wednesday: “Life is a work of art-color it drug free.” Students wear NEON or BRIGHT colors!
- Thursday: “We ‘mustache’ you to be drug free.” Students wear mustaches (face paint or costume mustaches).
- Friday: "Orange" you glad you don't do drugs? - Wear Orange and Black!
Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest
The Abbett Library is once again sponsoring our annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest. Pumpkins are due Tuesday 10/28 or Wednesday 10/29. Judging, headed by our own Linda Brand, will take place on Thursday 10/30. Some things to remember:
The pumpkin should represent a character from a favorite book, and that information should be conveyed on the entry form.
Pumpkins may be no larger than the size of a sheet of computer paper.
The pumpkin may not be punctured unless a fake pumpkin is used.
- You may use anything to decorate it such as paint, markers, fabric, sequins, etc.
- Only one entry per person. Do not put your name on the pumpkin, only the entry form.
Support our students and families
Abbett Elementary is committed to partnering with parents to ensure student success. Our Parent Involvement Policy and our Parent-School Compact outlines how we will work together to support and encourage all students and families.
Make sure to check out our mission statement that will help guide us to our future successes!
Make sure you stay connected with Abbett by subscribing to our eNews monthly newsletter and following us on twitter. Just click the eNews and twitter links on the very bottom of our homepage. Learn more with our quick guide for parents.