Links & Resources
Parent Resource Page
We are a Weatherbug school! We have a weather station that streams real time weather data 24/7. See what the weather is right now or click the Weatherbug logo to download Weatherbug onto your computer.
Nurse Allen's Notes
Beaver Volunteer Opportunities
Raise your hand and get involved at Beaver though volunteering! Check out the links below for a few of the exciting opportunities to help out. Many only require an hour a week or a few hours once a year. There is something for everyone.
Garland District Links
Parent Connection Newsletter
GISD Parent Monthly Newsletter are designed to help you help your child achieve academic success.
Garland ISD STAAR Information - View a brief video about STAAR™ and find additional links to STAAR™ Resources such as Questions and Answers and a STAAR™ General Brochure.
Texas Education Agency-STAAR Information-The resources on this website provide information and sample test questions to familiarize Texas educators and the public with the design and format of the STAAR™ assessments.
How can you help your child during STAAR™ testing?
- Have your child get plenty of sleep the night before the test.
- Have your child eat a healthy meal with plenty of protein the night before and the morning of the test and avoid sugary foods.
- Have your child exercise briefly before the test with squats, twists, jumping jacks or jogging in place.
- Encourage a stress-free, positive attitude to reduce test anxiety.
- Discuss the test with your child and offer reassurance.
- Ask them to do their best.