PTA has its own website
Bookmark the PTA website to stay up to date on PTA events.
Be in the know with what PTA is planning. This calendar will be kept up-to-date. Keep checking for the latest information.
Every child’s potential is a reality.
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Be a volunteer
The Garland Independent School District encourages parents, guardians, and patrons of our district to become an active part of the succcess in our schools by sharing your time and talent as a volunteer. We will have events coming up so please be on the lookout for any flyers and other handouts in the weekly folders.
For a volunteer application, background check forms and additional information about volunteering in Garland ISD, visit the Be a Volunteer page.
Stay in touch with PTA
PTA Officers 2016-2017
|1st VP Membership||Chris Turner|
|2nd VP Fundraising||Tevis Diaz|
|3rd VP Communications||Amy Hill|
|Arts and Education||Dixie Nambo|
|Bilingual Liaison||Myrna Garibay|
|Campus, Community, and Parent Involvement||Jennifer Garcia|
|Council Delegate 1||JoAnna Denny|
|Council Delegate 2||Manny Diaz|
|Health, Safety, and Legislation||Jorge Torres|
|Room Representative||Angela King|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Shanetta Pledger|
|Digital Content Manager||Kat Spencer|
PTA Lifetime Members