Ranger Wilderness Camp
The parents and students of the Class of 2018 are invited to Ranger Wilderness Camp, RWC. RWC is Saturday, August 23, 2014. Registration begins at 8:30 am. Cost of the camp is $10.00 per Freshman or $10.00 per new upperclassman. Freshman Parents are FREE.
Parents and Students will begin camp in the auditorium at 9:00 am. After a session in the auditorium, parents will:
- Learn about Naaman Forest's expectations
- Learn about Skyward which includes attendance, grades
- Learn about ways to stay connected to Naaman Forest
- Learn about AVID, Advanced Placement, and Dual Credit
- Complete necessary forms
- Tour the school
- Meet new friends
- Learn about programs that Naaman Forest offers
- Learn about clubs and sports that Naaman Forest offers
- Receive your Naaman Forest ID card (Be prepared to have your picture taken)
- Commit to graduate
- Learn Naaman Forest's Traditions
- Learn Naaman Forest's Alma Mater
- Tour the School
After the sessions, parents and students will meet in the competition gym for a Pep Rally. After the Pep Rally, we will have a cook out. At this time, students may receive a draft copy of their schedule. Parents and Students can find their classrooms and the lockers. Camp should end around 2:00 pm.
Summer Office Hours
Summer schedule for Garland ISD is June 9, 2014 through August 10, 2014.
Naaman Forest Office Hours are from 8:00 - 11:00 am and 1:00 - 4:00 pm.
All schools are closed every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. In addition, Garland ISD will close June 30, 2014 - July 11, 2014.
Please refer to the Summer Reading page for details on AP class summer assignments and required English reading.