Join our team
Come to work at our campus and become part of an award-winning district and #TheGISDEffect.
There are many schools in Garland, but only one campus allows you to be an All-Star! Abbett Elementary is a great place to learn and grow! We think you should choose Abbett, and here's why:
- We serve a diverse population of students who speak over 30+ different languages.
- We offer exceptional outdoor educational opportunities. Abbett is a certified wildlife habitat and monarch butterfly stop. Our students engage in outdoor activities in our outdoor classroom, planting days, and Seeds and Stories Day.
- We are an AVID campus (Advanced Via Individual Determination) and implement strategies to help students prepare for college and careers.
- Our P.T.A. is thriving! They offer so many exceptional activities throughout the year and support classrooms and teachers through grants, special days, and providing classroom supplies.
- We have a strong character development program in which students are rewarded for their responsibility, positive attitude, kindness, good manners, and honesty.
Ready to apply? We would love to speak with you! Reach out to Mrs. Blackman, Abbett Elementary Principal, at SBlackman@garlandisd.net
Why Choose Garland ISD
- Competitive salaries, some of the highest in the Dallas area
- Comprehensive benefits, including an employee assistance program and financial wellness program
- Dedicated employee clinic with low-cost visits for non-emergency medical needs
- Enhanced security procedures to help protect students and staff
- All GISD teachers are provided with a laptop, docking station, and dual monitors as a district standard
- Choice of school district with no attendance zones and a wide variety of magnet and specialized program campuses
- Strong investment in the growth of our staff through leadership development and learner pathways
- Extremely diverse community with more than 70 languages spoken by students
- Project Goal, a two-year 1-on-1 mentorship program for beginning teachers
- Children and grandchildren of nonresident employees can attend GISD schools
- Discounted community swim passes at the GISD Natatorium