Family Engagement survey
Each year the schools ask parents to provide feedback about our school family engagement. This feedback helps us identify our strengths and areas for improvement. As a parent, please respond to each statement on the survey. Your input is invaluable!
Free online technology training for staff, students and parents
Hoonuit is now available for free to all GISD families and staff to access online tutorials and workshops for computer software, social media, cloud computing, Twitter, and Internet safety.
How do I log in? District employees login using their district username and district password. Parents, please see your librarian, Mrs. Jay, for the login information.
What will I find there?
- GISD’s subscription to Hoonuit includes: Project-based training on:
- 21st century concepts to create college- and career-ready students
- Applying technology skills in the classroom
- Just-in-time technology training tutorials on 250+ software applications and edtech tools
- Training on in-demand Career Skills, such as Time Management and Effective Listening
Garland ISD's parent resource page is full of valuable information and useful links. With just a click of a button, you should be able to find out just about anything!
The Health services section of the GISD website is a also great source. You can get immunization requirements, tips regarding flu season and information on other common ailments such as allergies and asthma.
Need a refresher on policies and behavior? We have the tools below available for your reference: