The Armstrong Library aims to meet the diverse interests and literacy needs of all students and staff and to cultivate a lifelong love of reading in everyone.
Meet Our Library Staff
Librarian: Linda Gonzales, Library Aide: Helen Botha
- Open Checkout: 7:30-3:10
- Closed for Lunch: 12:15-12:45
The Armstrong Library has 20,000+ books and magazines including Spanish, Vietnamese and professional books. Students visit the library once per week with their teacher and may come at additional times with a library pass. Teachers determine how many books their students can check out at a time (3 maximum).
- Be Kind and Respectful
- Take Care of Our Library
- Find Books You LOVE to Read!
We have 1,700+ electronic books (eBooks) available for students to read on a computer or tablet device.
- Follet eBooks: Some books have audio option
- Capstone eBooks: All books have audio option
TO LOCATE AN EBOOK:
- Sign in to the library catalog (see directions above).
- Click: Catalog
- Type: eBook or a genre (adventure, mystery, fantasy, humorous, etc.)
- Material Type: Electronic Book (eBook)
- Click: Keyword or hit the enter key
After locating a book you are interested in reading, click open to begin reading. On Follet eBooks, you can bookmark the page where you stopped reading and close the book. When you open it again, it will immediately go to the page that you have bookmarked.
We have playaways available for all 3rd-5th Grade students. Playaways are paired with books, so students can listen to someone reading aloud while following along with the book.
Parents can come to the Armstrong Library and check out additional books for their family.
There are several exciting things happening this month at the Sachse Library! Visit their website for a peek at current events. Follow them on Twitter: @SachseLibrary and Facebook: Sachse Public Library
Find books, ebooks, and other resources by visiting your school's library catalog. If you need help with any of these resources, please contact your school librarian.
Online instructional resources
Online Instructional Resources are available to all students, teachers, parents, and administrators from any district or non-district computer.
Local library links
Using Armstrong's Library Catalog
You can access the catalog from anywhere by following these directions:
- Access: www.library.garlandisd.net
- Click: Armstrong
- Click: Log in (located at top right corner)
- Click: Log in using Destiny (located under GISD Username/Password)
- User Name: student ID# (no s)
- Password: gisd