Need help with district devices?
For technology help with district-provided Chromebooks, mobile hotspots and iPads, see our page Technology support: Get help with district devices. There, you can find the support request form and resources for setting up and using district-provided technology.
Check out our Weekly Flight Plan, all you have to do is make sure your Skyward account is up-to-date with your phone number and email.
Important things to know:
- Parent whose information is in Family One is considered the Primary Parent, and will receive the phone call and email with our Weekly Flight Plan. Make sure your preferences are set to receive emails.
- If you are a parent or guardian, and want to receive call outs and emails with the Weekly Flight Plan please contact Shanda Jarjoura, 972-414-7480.
We are excited to offer Armstrong families another fun (and optional) way to stay on top of the latest Aviator news! We will use Twitter to share the most relevant and timely campus news. It doesn't take much to get set up. If you'd like to start receiving Twitter updates, simply text "Follow @aes_aviators" to 40404. Any time you want to discontinue the updates, just text "Stop @aes_aviators" to 40404.
How do I set up a parent account in Canvas?
Step 2: Get the Pairing Code from your student's Canvas account
Step 3: Use the Pairing Code to create your Canvas Parent Account
- Attendance information
- Campus health news from Nurse Pam:
- Choice of School information
- Enrollment process/requirements
- GISD school calendar by language preference
- Skyward, tips and support
- STAAR testing information
- Student Code of Conduct & Handbook (English, Spanish)
- Twitter updates for Armstrong Elementary
Lost & found donated to charity
Several times during the school year, lost and found notices are sent home to make parents aware that the collection is growing and that everything remaining by a designated time will be donated to a children's charity. In addition to the notices sent home, reminders are also given during our daily announcements, and posted on the campus website and electronic kiosk. Often we'll include a phone message or two prior to the donation. Please be aware that this typically occurs around the December break, sometimes at Spring Break, and always at the end of the school year. Bigger items such as clothing and lunch boxes are kept in the lost and found area located just inside our gym doors. Smaller items like eye glasses, jewelry and keys are kept in the office. Parents and students are encouraged to check these areas frequently.
Sky Blazer Commemorative Tile Wall
Leave a memory of your child's days at Armstrong with a commemorative tile. Or honor a member of the armed forces with a special veteran tile. If you own a business and want to show its support of our campus, a business tile says it best. The commemorative wall proceeds support the Skyblazer Walking Trail and Playground. If you'd like to leave a legacy of your own, order your tile online today at Skyblazer Tiles