To make every child's potential a reality by engaging an empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Armstrong PTA engages families in a united effort to advocate and promote for their future through education, physical and mental health, welfare and safety.
- Promotes further education for children in school and in our community through specialized programs and events.
- Create a welcoming and safe environment that promotes diversity.
- Work collaboratively with the school, our partners and volunteers to achieve association goals.
- We are committed and dedicated to the educational success of children and youth.
What does the PTA do for Armstrong?
- Support our teachers by providing tools to improve learning in the classrooms.
- Provide special programs and events to the students and families to promote community and family engagement.
- Provide students with scholarships for school events.
- Organize volunteers in the school.
- Staff, organize and run an annual carnival.
- Run the school marquee sign on the front lawn.
- Organize and manage teacher appreciation week each year.
- Publish a monthly newsletter.
- Communicate through facebook (John W. Armstrong Elementary PTA) and instagram (aviatorspta).
- Support the campus with funds for the outdoor learning center.
Programs and Special Events
To be a Homeroom Parent and help with homeroom PTA communication, Holiday Parties and more. please contact the PTA at Armstronghomeroomparentrep@gmail.com
Come check out our Aviator spirit wear at JWArmstrongPTA.com
There are big rewards for Armstrong, and all you have to do is download the App, Box Tops for Education. Once you download the app you can add a picture of your grocery store receipt and all you box top points are sent in automatically, no more clipping. The campus has earned lots of money from submitting Box Tops and it all goes back toward campus improvement.
Did you know you can make money just by shopping at the Kroger around the corner of our school?! Check out your Kroger Plus Card App and go to Community Rewards and choose:
John W. Armstrong Elementary School,
Organization number KC430
Woohoo, we just made your daily shopping even better!! Support your Aviators by shopping Amazon Smile. Look for:
PTA Texas Congress 10260
John W Armstrong Elementary
and bookmark your smile.amazon.com account to make it even easier to help our teachers and students every time you shop.