Policies & procedures
Please report to the main office to check in. To better protect our students, our campus screens for registered sex offenders. A valid State issued ID is required to enter our campus.
Thank you for helping us keep our Beaver Stars safe.
A to Z Parent Handbook
We have adjusted several of our operational procedures to strengthen safety and communication at our campus. In this handbook you will see new procedures covering the following:
3. Lunch Procedures
5. Tardies and Absences
6. Technology Integration
7. TOP Star Parties
Please carefully read over all of the procedures as some have changed from previous years. These will begin the first day of school and we need your help to make this school year a great success! Thank you for your support!
Absences and tardies
If your child is absent, please send a note to the office the day the student returns to school. Notes can be given to the teacher or the office. Students arriving at or after 8:10 a.m. are given a partial absence for the day. Students who leave before 10:00 a.m. are given an absence for the day. Students must be signed out in the office.
Arrival and dismissal
Please drop off and pick up your child at the front of the school. At the beginning of the year, each student who is picked up by a parent is given a sign with the child's name on it so that we may call the student from the cafeteria. For safety and security reasons, please do not arrange to meet your child anywhere other than the front of the school. This is where staff will be on duty and can best supervise your child. Buses and daycare vans pick up from the gym at the side of the school.
Beaver MST follows the regular district dress code (we do not have standardized dress uniforms). Students should not wear flip-flops, and shorts/skirts should be fingertip length. Shirts should have straps of at least 3-fingers width. Students also need to wear sneakers on the days they attend PE. Please put your child's name on coats, sweaters, backpacks and lunchboxes.
Online Student Services requests
Do you need to enroll your child, request a transfer, withdraw or request a transcript? It's easy to start common processes at home. Visit the Online Student Services page to get started.
If you have additional questions, please contact the campus data clerk:
To support our mission of providing an exceptional education to all students, we have created policies designed to help your student have the best possible education experience.
- COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021-22
- Student Code of Conduct & Handbook (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)-Spanish (PDF)
- Parent Involvement Policy
Visit the Policies page on the district website for additional polices and related information.
School Compact for Beaver Technology Center
- Provide a high quality curriculum and research based instructional practices to equip students to be successful both academically and for life.
- Create a learning environment where students feel safe, respected, and nurtured in order for positive student-to-student and student-to-teacher relationships to exist.
- Provide two-way communication with parent/guardian and child concerning “what” student should learn and know at grade level and “how” to engage parents in their child’s education.
- Communicate with parent/guardian regularly on ways to help their child learn.
- Expect and challenge all students to learn at rigorous, high levels of thinking and make connections with learning to real-world applications.
- Seek resources and assistance for a child who is struggling with learning or having difficulty in school.
- Know what my child is expected to learn, and understand how I can help them meet expectations.
- Communicate regularly with my child’s teacher in order to know how my child is doing.
- Make sure my child attends school on time and ready to learn; including getting a good night sleep.
- Balance my child’s TV and video game playing time with learning opportunities such as reading 20 to 30 minutes daily or going to the library.
- Inform teachers if my child is having difficulty with homework or is having difficulty in school.
- Attend parent conferences, PTA meetings, and parent education workshops.
- Provide necessary supplies to help my child be prepared for school and be able to complete assignments.
- Create a home environment that is safe for my child.
- Be an active parent/guardian and volunteer in my child’s class or at my child’s school.
- Know my child’s friends.
- Help create a safe environment by following school rules.
- Follow the dress code policy.
- Accept responsibility for the choices I make and my own learning.
- Follow the use of technology policy.
- Come to school prepared with supplies, books, and homework.
- Come to school on time and ready to learn every day.
- Attend before and after school tutoring if I have difficulty with assignments.
- Have and show respect for my principal, teachers, school staff members, and other students.
- Balance my TV and video game playing time with learning opportunities such as reading 20 to 30 minutes daily, physical activities, play outside, etc.
- I will ask for help when I need it.
Parent Involvement Policy
Copies of the Parent Involvement Policy are available in the school office.