Need help with district devices?
For technology help with district-provided Chromebooks, mobile hotspots and iPads, see our page Technology support: Get help with district devices. There, you can find the support request form and resources for setting up and using district-provided technology.
Library Catalog - Search the Beaver library online catalog for books.
Guidance & Counseling - Meet Ms. Sinclair and learn about the exciting programs your child experiences at Beaver.
GISD Volunteer information and forms - Find the required paperwork to become a volunteer (Volunteer Application form and Criminal Background Check).
Cybersafety parent resources
Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) was enacted by Congress in 2000 to address concerns about children's access to obscene or harmful content over the Internet.
Common Sense Media Common Sense Media improves the lives of kids and families by providing independent reviews, age ratings, and other information about all types of media.
The Net Smartz Kids NetSmartz Workshop is an interactive, educational program that provides age-appropriate resources to help teach children how to be safer on- and offline.
Stop Think Connect is a place for tips and advice on keeping the web a safer place for everyone.
Texas Success Initiative
Texas SUCCESS provides state-funded access to interactive math and reading programs for Texas public school students in grades 3-8. The Texas Education Agency is providing access to Istation Reading and Think Through Math.
Beaver students have received information about how to access these programs from home.
Home & school use programs
These programs listed can be accessed both at school and at home. All programs use this username and password convention unless noted.
- Username=S and then the student ID# (S123456)
IStation- Available for both school and home use. This program is used for reading, spelling and vocabulary and fluency. Read more at "Getting Started with Istation Home and Texas SUCCESS."
IStation for iPad- The Istation app is available for Apple devices at the iTunes store for free.
Spelling City- is a great online resource where students can practice spelling words in a fun and effective way. Students and parents can find the list by using their teacher's name.
SumDog- can now be accessed from home. This is a great way to practice math thru games.
Dimension U- DimensionU creates engaging and interactive multiplayer video games that focus on core skills in mathematics and literacy. Our content aligns with the Common Core, state standards and classroom instruction Learn More about DimensionU
Study Island is available for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. Students may access this program at home as well as at school. The following information is needed:
- Username = Student ID # @garlandisd (Example: 123456@garlandisd)
- Password = student
Beaver volunteer opportunities
Raise your hand and get involved at Beaver though volunteering! Check out the links below for a few of the exciting opportunities to help out. Many only require an hour a week or a few hours once a year. There is something for everyone.
|Teacher Helper||Library Shelver||Library Helper|
|Field Day||Field Trips||Book Fair|
The School Compact is now on the Policies page.
Copies of the Beaver School Compact are available in the front office.
Parent involvement policy
The Parent Involvement Policy is now on the Policies page. Copies of the Beaver Parent Involvement Policy are available in the front office.
Garland District Links
- Parent Information and Resources-Garland ISD link for parent information and resources.
- College and Career Readiness-Garland ISD link to College and Career Readiness.
- Health Services- Health information and requirements for Garland ISD.
- Garland ISD Bus Transportation- Read about and route information.
- Student Accident Insurance- Information and brochure and claim form.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus- Garland ISD Breakfast and Lunch menus.
- School Meals: PayPams and Prices
- Free and Reduced-Priced Meals- Garland ISD information and forms for free and reduced meals.
- GISD Parent Involvement Policy
- GISD Student Code of Conduct
- GISD Volunteer information and forms - Find the required paperwork to become a volunteer (Volunteer Application form and Criminal Background Check).
Garland ISD STAAR Information - View a brief video about STAAR™ and find additional links to STAAR™ Resources such as Questions and Answers and a STAAR™ General Brochure.
Texas Education Agency-STAAR Information-The resources on this website provide information and sample test questions to familiarize Texas educators and the public with the design and format of the STAAR™ assessments.
How can you help your child during STAAR™ testing?
- Have your child get plenty of sleep the night before the test.
- Have your child eat a healthy meal with plenty of protein the night before and the morning of the test, and avoid sugary foods.
- Have your child exercise briefly before the test with squats, twists, jumping jacks or jogging in place.
- Encourage a stress-free, positive attitude to reduce test anxiety.
- Discuss the test with your child and offer reassurance.
- Ask them to do their best.