School spirit & history
History of Centerville
Built in 1892, the Centerville School was a one room school house located in the Centerville community. The original structure was destroyed by a windstorm in 1910 and was rebuilt as a two room structure that stood until the 1950's. Centerville School District consolidated with Garland ISD in 1939.
Centerville Elementary, as it is now known, opened its doors in 1961 with Owen W. Thomason as the first principal. Mr. Thomason was principal until 1974. Other principals that our school has had are Boone Wilkins (1974-1985), Margaret Robberson (1985-1988), Jeannette O'Neal (1988-1991), Dr. Bob McDonald (1991-2007), Dr. Ramona Morin Aguilar (2007-2012), Axel Cristales (2012-2014), and Jessica Hicks (2014-2015). Our current principal is Dr. Amie Pennington.
Centerville continues to grow and change and student success is our number one goal. Our mission is to promote:
- Life-long Learners
- Confident Individuals
- Empowered Citizens