Policies and procedures
New student enrollment information
Pre K open enrollment starts March 2, 2020. If you have a child that will be 4 by September 1, 2020 please come and check out Cisneros Pre K. For enrollment information please see our data clerk Alba Raya at the front office.
Please bring the following documents with you when enrolling your child.
- Proof of Residency in GISD
- Contract/lease agreement or
- Most current utility bill (water, gas, or electric)
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization records
- Social Security Card (if available)
Parent general information
Students are required to wear their picture ID to school daily
During dismissal, students will be released from their teacher's designated area. In order to ensure all student safety, the adult receiving the child must present the student pick up tag before the student will be released. If you do not have a student pick up tag, you will need to report to the front office through the main entrance.
For the safety of all our students at Cisneros Pre-K, please follow these guidelines:
- Visitors are required to sign in at the front desk of the office when first arriving in the building . Please bring a state issued ID such as a drivers license or passport.
- If you need to make contact with your child or his/her teacher, the office staff will assist you.
- All adults in the building must wear a badge while at school.
- When you check in at the office, you will receive a tag. The tag identifies you as an authorized visitor, and it notifies the staff that you have signed in.
- In order help you sooner, please do not be on your cell phone while in the office.
- Please use the front door to enter the building. All other doors remain locked throughout the day.
Breakfast in the classroom
Breakfast will be served in the classrooms and open to all students at no cost. Because of this wonderful opportunity, two things are needed: Students will need to be here no later than 7:45 a.m. for them to have breakfast and parents will not be allowed to eat breakfast with their children.
If your child is absent from school, please send a note to the office containing the following details:
- Child's Name
- Child's ID
- Teacher's Name
- Date(s) absent
- Reason for absence
Please make sure to send this note as soon as your child returns to school.
There is no required uniform. Please dress your child neatly and appropriately for the weather and activities- no high heels or flip flops.
No mohawks, shaved hair designs, or hair color allowed. Also no long hair or earrings on boys.
Emergency information form
Please notify the school of any change of telephone number, address, emergency number, or place of employment of either parent or guardian. It is vital to have the name and phone number of a local person, other then a parent or guardian, who can be contacted in the event a child becomes ill or injured. If your address has changed from the one listed on your Emergency Form, you must provide a new proof of residency to the Data Clerk: gas bill, electric bill, or current lease.
All GISD schools are using Skylert - an automated phone calling system, to contact parents with reminders, updates, school news, and also in the event of an emergency. Please make sure the office has current phone numbers on record for your family so you will receive these messages.
State law prohibits the use of cell phones within any school crossing zones unless the operator is using a hands-free device. Safety First!
To support our mission of providing an exceptional education to all students, we have created policies designed to help your student have the best possible education experience.
- Student Code of Conduct & Handbook (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)-Spanish (PDF)
- Parent Involvement Policy
Visit the Policies page on the district website for additional polices and related information.