Spirit PTA t shirts on sale now
Last Day to Pre Order shirts is October 2, 2020
Cisneros PTA Executive Board
President: Diana Castro
Vice President: Melissa Garcia
Secretary: Maria Garza
Treasurer: Juanita Flores
Arts in Education:
Why join PTA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child.
- Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school. Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school. Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child's school you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Who can join PTA?
Anyone can join PTA. Just inform your child's teacher which position you would like to be nominated for. Voting is held during the first PTA meeting in September and you must be a paid PTA member in order to be nominated.
Why our school needs a PTA?
National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) provides parents and families with a powerful voice to speak.
- Harnessing the Power Volunteers. Shrinking budgets. Increasing class sizes. Government mandates. The challenges of delivering quality education are daunting. There is help. It's the PTA.
- It doesn't take much time to get a Parent Teacher Association started either. Find just one parent in your school to take the lead, and before you know it, there will be a group of dedicated parents doing what PTA does best: providing resources and programs to all families.
- PTA addresses issues that are important to parents and public school administrators. We fight for full funding, quality teachers, and capabilities for schools to thrive. If your school or district does not have a PTA, now is the time. Membership is open to everyone. Your PTA is autonomous but supported by a national structure. It sets its own dues.
What has PTA done for Cisneros?
The PTA helped fund the playground equipment that our students use at recess and in the development of gross motor skills. PTA has changed their focused to enriching the lives of our students.