Spirit T Shirts on Sale
Spirit shirts are still available for sale. The cost is $15.00 cash only. You can send the cash with a piece of paper stating the size(s) and quantity place in your child's binder.
PTA Snack Day
October 20th 2023 we will have our vey first student snack day. Students will come home with a form and parents can chose what snacks they want to purchase for their child. The form will be sent home on Monday October 16th and parents will chose the snacks and send the form back in their child's binder. Parents will pay using a QR code through pay pal. For information will be coming home soon , so please be looking for that information you the binder.
PTA Spirit Night
Cisneros families please come out and join us at Cici's on 1037 Northwest Hwy from 4:30-7:30 p.m. When you arrive at Cici's tell them that you are there for Cisneros PTA spirit night. Come out and support Cisneros PTA and have some delicious food and fellowship with parents, students, and staff.
Why join PTA?
Parents even though the top 3 100% classes have been announced it is still not too late to become a member of PTA. If you wish to become a member you do not have to participate or volunteer your time unless you would like to be a part of any PTA activity or event.
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child.
- Parents we still need your membership of Cisneros PTA. It's not too late to join our PTA
- Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school. Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school. Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child's school you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Who can join PTA?
Anyone can join PTA. Just inform your child's teacher which position you would like to be nominated for. Voting is held during the first PTA meeting in September and you must be a paid PTA member in order to be nominated.
Why our school needs a PTA?
National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) provides parents and families with a powerful voice to speak.
- Harnessing the Power Volunteers. Shrinking budgets. Increasing class sizes. Government mandates. The challenges of delivering quality education are daunting. There is help. It's the PTA.
- It doesn't take much time to get a Parent Teacher Association started either. Find just one parent in your school to take the lead, and before you know it, there will be a group of dedicated parents doing what PTA does best: providing resources and programs to all families.
- PTA addresses issues that are important to parents and public school administrators. We fight for full funding, quality teachers, and capabilities for schools to thrive. If your school or district does not have a PTA, now is the time. Membership is open to everyone. Your PTA is autonomous but supported by a national structure. It sets its own dues.
What has PTA done for Cisneros?
The PTA helped fund the playground equipment that our students use at recess and in the development of gross motor skills. PTA has changed their focused to enriching the lives of our students by providing on sight activities. PTA funds has also provided funds for our students to go on field trips by paying for the transportation or the entrance fee.
Cisneros PTA Executive Board
President: Maria McCain
Vice President: Kim Megahan
Secretary: Maria Garza
Treasurer: Marcie Romero
Student Expectations at Cisneros
Parents please click on the link below to view the video for student expectations here at Cisneros.