How to volunteer?
- Provide an official government photo ID to the front office of any campus. Information from your ID will be entered into the Raptor Visitor Management System. (See below for accepted forms of identification.)
- The office staff will provide instructions to complete an online application, which can be done at home or in the main office of any campus.
- Complete the online application and upload a copy of your photo ID. Note that online applications with incomplete records or those with insufficient information will be deleted.
- A criminal background check will be completed.
- You will be notified by email when you may begin volunteering. For those without email, please follow up with your campus.
Accepted forms of identification
Any of the following forms of photo identification are acceptable to become a volunteer:
- A valid, current driver license issued by any state or US territory.
- A valid, current identification card issued the state of Texas with photo.
- A valid, current passport issued by the United States.
- A valid, current military ID card.
- A valid, current Resident Alien Card issued by the United States government.
- A valid, current Alien Registration Card (Visa, Permanent Resident, Employment Authorization Card) issued by the United States Government.
- Any other official photo identification card, which includes the person’s full name and date of birth, issued by another country (e.g., Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad (MCAS)).
The online application can be completed at home or the main office of any campus.
What happens next?
- A background check will be performed using the Raptor Volunteer Management System.
- You will receive an email to notify you when you may begin volunteering.
Contact the Campus Engagement Coordinator for more information and specific volunteer opportunities Edith Espinoza.