Parent of the month for December
Parent Volunteer: Yancy Lopez
Student Name: Elienai Avelar
Teacher Name: Ms. Pitcock PM
How long have you volunteered at Cisneros: 8 months
Why do you like Cisneros Pre K? There is harmony and teamwork among the staff members. Everyone here at Cisneros opens their hearts and minds to all students. I also see that they give myself and daughter trust and love.
What is your most favorite thing about Cisneros? The love that everyone here at Cisneros shows towards the students and parents. They are always very friendly and ready to help the parents and students.
What activities do you and your child enjoy doing together? I love to sing with my little girl in different rhythms and it sounds dynamic. I love spending quality time with my little girl.
HUGE SHOUT OUT TO CISNEROS VOLUNTEERS
Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers here at Cisneros! We appreciate everything that you do for the staff and students on a daily basis. All of your hardwork and dedication does not go unnoticed by any of us here at Cisneros. We are presenting all of our volunteers an Appreciation Certificate as a small token of our appreciation. Here is just some of our magnificent volunteers hard at work!
We encourage our parents to help at your child's school by becoming a volunteer.
How to volunteer?
- Provide an official government photo ID to the front office of any campus. Information from your ID will be entered into the Raptor Visitor Management System. (See below for accepted forms of identification.)
- The office staff will provide instructions to complete an online application, which can be done at home or in the main office of any campus.
- Complete the online application and upload a copy of your photo ID. Note that online applications with incomplete records or those with insufficient information will be deleted.
- A criminal background check will be completed.
- You will be notified by email when you may begin volunteering. For those without email, please follow up with your campus.
Accepted forms of identification
Any of the following forms of photo identification are acceptable to become a volunteer:
- A valid, current driver license issued by any state or US territory.
- A valid, current identification card issued the state of Texas with photo.
- A valid, current passport issued by the United States.
- A valid, current military ID card.
- A valid, current Resident Alien Card issued by the United States government.
- A valid, current Alien Registration Card (Visa, Permanent Resident, Employment Authorization Card) issued by the United States Government.
- Any other official photo identification card, which includes the person’s full name and date of birth, issued by another country (e.g., Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad (MCAS)).
The online application can be completed at home or the main office of any campus.
What happens next?
- A background check will be performed using the Raptor Volunteer Management System.
- You will receive an email to notify you when you may begin volunteering.
Contact the Campus Engagement Coordinator for more information and specific volunteer opportunities Alba Raya.