Policies & procedures
Parents and relatives are most welcome at Couch Elementary. We follow the Garland ISD policies in regard to Campus Security and Safety Procedures.
All visitors must stop in at the Main Office before proceeding to the cafeteria or to any other location in the building. Please bring a drivers license or State ID.
All visitors must wear the ID badge or sticker that they are given when they sign in.
Couch Elementary follows Garland ISD Security policies and requires valid identification for release of a student to a family member or other authorized adult. The Main Office staff will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Couch is not a school uniform campus.
Couch follows the Garland ISD Dress Code policies.
- Students wear shirts that have straps at least 3 fingers wide.
- Shorts or skirts must fall below the finger-tips.
- Flip-flops and shoes with wheels are not allowed at school.
- Students must wear tennis shoes on gym days for safety.
- Students' personal items such as jackets, lunchboxes, backpacks, etc. need to be labeled with their name.
Online Student Services requests
Do you need to enroll your child, request a transfer, withdraw or request a transcript? It's easy to start common processes at home. Visit the Online Student Services page to get started.
If you have additional questions, please contact the campus data clerk:
Campus Improvement Plan
A Campus Improvement Plan serves as the blueprint for how a campus will address performance objectives and other campus needs that have been identified from a Campus Needs Assessment.
Title I Documentation
The Campus Parent Involvement Policy explains how our campus supports the important role of parents in the education of their children. We offer a Parent Compact to establish a partnership among parents, school staff, and students for improving student academic achievement.
To support our mission of providing an exceptional education to all students, we have created policies designed to help your student have the best possible education experience.
- COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021-22
- Student Code of Conduct & Handbook (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)-Spanish (PDF)
- Parent Involvement Policy
Visit the Policies page on the district website for additional polices and related information.