Policies & procedures
It is vital to keep all contact information current. If any parent or student profile information changes during the year, please contact the school office at 972-494-8205 with the changes. We must always be able to contact you if your child has an emergency.
Davis Elementary requires students to wear standardized dress.
Parking lot rules and procedures
- The speed limit in our parking lot is 5mph. Any faster speed will endanger students and staff, and violators will be reported to the authorities.
- The two outside lanes in the lot are for parents who need to stop to wait for their children to enter or exit the car.
- The center lane is for cars that are ready to exit the parking lot. There is no picking up or dropping off of students in the center lane.
- There should NEVER be unattended cars in any of the front lanes-they are marked as fire lanes and you may be issued a ticket if you leave your car. If you need to exit your car to pick up a young student, you will need to park your car in a parking spot or the street directly in front of the school.
- It is also very important that everyone, parents and students, use the crosswalk every time you must cross the parking lot. It is simply much too dangerous to cross anywhere else.
To access our Davis Parent/Student Handbook, please contact us at 972) 494-8205.
More information coming soon!
Absences and tardies
Students need to bring a signed note from their parents when they return to school after an absence. Parents are encouraged to call the school or email the teacher to report an absence. When your child is tardy (8:11 a.m.), he/she must report to the office for a tardy slip. According to the State of Texas policy, a partial day absence will be recorded for students who arrive at 8:21 a.m. or after, or leave before the end of the school day.
All medication taken at school must be prescribed by a physician or dentist licensed to practice in the State of Texas. All medication must be in the original container and properly labeled with the student's name, name of medication, dosage and times to be taken. All medication will be kept locked in a clinic cabinet. All medication must be accompanied by a signed parent request for medication administration. It is the responsibility of the student to report to the clinic to take his/her medication.
Parents and visitors are welcome in our building. For the safety of all our students, all visitors are required to check in the front office.
Online Student Services requests
Do you need to enroll your child, request a transfer, or request a transcript? It's easy to start common processes at home. Visit the Online Student Services page to get started.
If you have additional questions, please contact the campus data clerk.
To support our mission of providing an exceptional education to all students, we have created policies designed to help your student have the best possible education experience.
- Student Code of Conduct & Handbook (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)-Spanish (PDF)
- Parent Involvement
Visit the Policies page on the district website for additional polices and related information.