Reading: We will study different genres which include informational texts, poetry, realistic fiction, and mystery. We will also be writing argumentative essays. Our foci are “A New Home”, and “Unexpected”
Math: The students will graph coordinates and analyze data.
Science: study of environmental relationships and transfer of energy.
Social Studies: In US History we will continue to learn about the Civil War, the Reconstruction period, and the urbanization of our country.
Dates to remember
- Feb 3-28: Parent-Teacher Spring Conferences
- Feb 3-13: Big Kahuna Fundraiser
- Feb 3: Love Bugs go on sale
- Feb 7: National Wear Red Day
- Feb 7: D.E.A.R. Day
- Feb 14: 4th Grading Period Ends
- Feb 14: Valentine’s Party 2 PM—3 PM
- Feb 18: 5th Grading Period Begins
- Feb 20: Field trip to SMU
- Feb 24: TELPAS Testing
- Feb 25: CFA Assessment Reading
- Feb 25: 2nd/3rd Grade PTA Performance
- Feb 26: CFA Assessment Math
- Feb 28: Field trip to Nature Preserve
Contact the teacher
Ana Hanna- Bilingual
Charlley Phan- General Education
Maria Picon- Bilnigual
Brooke Sears- General Education