We encourage parents to get involved by volunteering. Contact our Campus Engagement Coordinator, Gina Saldana, for more information.
Anyone who would like to volunteer must:
- provide a photo ID to the front office
- complete an online application and upload a copy of your photo ID
The online application can be completed at home or the main office of any campus.
What happens next?
- A background check will be performed using the Raptor Volunteer Management System.
- You will receive an email to notify you when you may begin volunteering.
Contact the Campus Engagement Coordinator or campus administration for more information and specific volunteer opportunities.
District volunteer resources
- Serve on the PTA
- Serve on the Campus Improvement Team (CIT)
- Act as a classroom helper
- Work with the school honor choir
Mentor or Tutor students
- Help children with special needs
- Volunteer in a school computer lab
Work as a team
- Act as a lunchroom or playground monitor
- Help to plan and chaperone field trips
- Help to plan and chaperone in-school events (dances, proms, or graduation ceremonies)
- Organize or assist with a specific club or interest group (if you have an interest in an activity that isn't currently available to students, offer to help get a group started — for example, a chess club or cycling team)
- Assist coaches and gym teachers with sports and fitness programs
- Work as a library assistant or offer to help with story time or reading assistance in the school library
- Spend some time with a specific club or interest group (ask the teacher who sponsors the group)
Donations and Miscellaneous
- Donate gently used books
- Sew costumes or build sets for theatrical and musical productions
- Help out with visual arts, crafts, and design courses and projects
For more information please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Gina Saldana (Librarian).