We encourage parents to get involved by volunteering. Contact our Campus Engagement Coordinator, Gina Saldana, for more information.
Anyone who would like to volunteer must:
- provide a photo ID to the front office
- complete an online application and upload a copy of your photo ID
The online application can be completed at home or the main office of any campus.
What happens next?
- A background check will be performed using the Raptor Volunteer Management System.
- You will receive an email to notify you when you may begin volunteering.
Contact the Campus Engagement Coordinator for more information and specific volunteer opportunities.
District volunteer resources
- Serve on the PTA
- Serve on the Campus Improvement Team (CIT)
- Act as a classroom helper
- Work with the school honor choir
Mentor or Tutor students
- Help children with special needs
- Volunteer in a school computer lab
Work as a team
- Act as a lunchroom or playground monitor
- Help to plan and chaperone field trips
- Help to plan and chaperone in-school events (dances, proms, or graduation ceremonies)
- Organize or assist with a specific club or interest group (if you have an interest in an activity that isn't currently available to students, offer to help get a group started — for example, a chess club or cycling team)
- Assist coaches and gym teachers with sports and fitness programs
- Work as a library assistant or offer to help with story time or reading assistance in the school library
- Spend some time with a specific club or interest group (ask the teacher who sponsors the group)
Help to raise money
- Box tops for education
Donations and Miscellaneous
- Donate gently used books
- Sew costumes or build sets for theatrical and musical productions
- Help out with visual arts, crafts, and design courses and projects
For more information please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Gina Saldana (Librarian).