Year opened: 1995
7:30 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. Students
Ratings & reports
For the most current ratings and reports, reports and performance planning, visit our school profile page on the district website.
The mission of the Garland Alternative Education Center is to provide a quality education to all students in a safe and positive learning environment where students assume responsibility for their own learning and behavior.
The Garland Alternative Education Center's vision is to recognize that each student is the most important person in the school. We will continuously improve their academic, social, and personal skills by offering multiple opportunities of learning in a safe, nurturing and academically challenging environment.
- We will take every opportunity to greet and positively acknowledge students throughout the day.
- We will be flexible, spontaneous, and allow for student learning differences.
- We will elicit input about learning choices and projects.
- We will incorporate cooperative learning in the classroom and encourage opportunities for global service.
- We will encourage students to mentor other students, to engage in serving others, and build connectivity with staff members.
- All students can learn.
- The student is the top priority.
- The student should be actively engaged in the learning process.
- The student should be challenged with relevant and rigorous academics.
- The students have the ability to be responsible citizens.
- The staff will establish and promote a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students.
- The staff are positive role models for the students.
- Campus policies and procedures should be implemented fairly and consistently.
- Parent involvement supports student achievement.