Join our team
Be a part of Garland High School!
Come to work at our campus and become part of an award-winning district and #TheGISDEffect.
Why choose Garland High School?
- Be part of a family
- Continuous department and school-wide support
- A wide range of programs
- $35.6 Million in scholarship offered to students in 2022
- CCMR rating of 98%
- Graduation rate of 96.7%
- Over 80 clubs and extra-curricular programs
- Diverse student population
- Tons of traditions!
What people are saying about Garland High School
"My experience at Garland High School has been very good! There are a plethora of opportunities here. We have multiple clubs and extracurricular activities that enriched with knowledge and look great on college applications! Teachers are always available for any question you have. Upperclassmen are extremely nice and helpful, if you ever need advice" - Freshman
"Garland High School is a great community with teachers who care. The programs they provide really help students prepare for the future. Specifically, the IB (International Baccalaureate) Program is rigorous and challenging but rewarding. The teachers at Garland High School really care about what they do and this shows in the way they treat their students and talk to their classes. It results in engaging classroom environments and overall more interested and eager-to-learn learners. Garland High School places on tradition here. There really is a tight sense of community within the walls of this school." - Senior
Why Choose Garland ISD
- Competitive salaries, some of the highest in the Dallas area
- Comprehensive benefits, including an employee assistance program and financial wellness program
- Dedicated employee clinic with low-cost visits for non-emergency medical needs
- Enhanced security procedures to help protect students and staff
- All GISD teachers are provided with a laptop, docking station, and dual monitors as a district standard
- Choice of school district with no attendance zones and a wide variety of magnet and specialized program campuses
- Strong investment in the growth of our staff through leadership development and learner pathways
- Extremely diverse community with more than 70 languages spoken by students
- Project Goal, a two-year 1-on-1 mentorship program for beginning teachers
- Children and grandchildren of nonresident employees can attend GISD schools
- Discounted community swim passes at the GISD Natatorium