Class of 2024 Spring Graduation:
Friday, May 31, 2024
Curtis Culwell Center, Garland, TX
For more information please visit the GISD Graduation Ceremonies page.
Tickets are required for admission. Graduates will receive ten general admission tickets for the family. Everyone, including infants, must have a ticket to enter.
No tickets will be distributed at the event. Graduates will distribute tickets to all guests prior to their arrival at the ceremony. See your campus website for ticket pickup information.
Note: Once you have entered the building, you may not leave and re-enter.
Appropriate dress is required. Come dressed for the ceremony. No changing facilities will be available. CDC- approved face masks are needed to attend. Attendees must follow the clear bag policy.
Graduate dress code
- Graduates must be in their caps and gowns with any regalia prior to the ceremony
- Students may not decorate their graduation caps
- No shorts
Caps and gowns
Garland ISD seniors can order graduation caps and gowns at Jostens. Parents and students will be notified by Jostens when the delivery details are scheduled.
All cap and gown purchases go through Jostens and are not part of GISD. Questions about cap and gown orders need to be directed to Jostens.
Food and drinks
No outside food or drink will be allowed. Water, soda and snacks will be available through the Curtis Culwell Center concessions.
To ensure guest safety and a quicker entry into the facility, the Curtis Culwell Center has implemented a clear bag policy limiting the size and type allowed at graduation ceremonies.
Types of allowed bags
While the CCC encourages guests not to bring bags if possible, the following are permissible:
- Clear tote - plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- Plastic storage bag - Clear one (1) gallon, re-sealable
- Small clutch size - approximately the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap. No larger than 6.5" and 4.5" with or without a handle or strap
Medically necessary items
Visit the CCC's Clear Bag Policy page for more details.
Do not bring items such as:
Food or Beverages (including bottled water and/or snacks)
- Bags or purses larger than 4.5x6 inches
Weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, following penal codes 30.06 and 30.07)
Tobacco, alcohol, or fireworks
Monopods, tripods and selfie sticks
Flowers purchased outside of the Curtis Culwell Center
Gift bags, wrapped gifts, balloons, beach balls, Frisbees, bubbles, silly string, streamers or laser pens
Posters, signs, banners, placards, or mortarboards
Bullhorns, air horns, or any artificial noisemakers
Glitter, confetti, rice or birdseed
Umbrellas or coolers
The Curtis Culwell Center is a drug and alcohol-free facility – no smoking on-premises, including e-cigarettes.
- Guests and graduates will be allowed to enter one hour before the start of the ceremony. Tickets will be checked upon arrival. Before entering, graduates and guests will be screened by a metal detector. Guests must follow the clear bag policy and be wearing face masks.
- Graduates will disembark off the buses, enter the venue through the conference center, and go straight to their seats.
- Graduates should be dressed in non-decorated caps and gowns with any regalia prior to the ceremony.
- School staff will direct graduates to their seats.
- Families will enter through the east and west entrances. Please note that the arena floor is reserved for graduates and approved faculty only.
During the Ceremony
Graduation is to be a respectful event. Family and friends should listen quietly to all student and faculty speeches and refrain from shouting as names are called. Please be respectful of all graduates and their families. Every family wants to hear the name of their graduate as he or she walks across the stage.
- Graduates will have assigned seating and will be honored in rank order as well as alphabetically.
- There will not be any handshaking due to social distancing.
- Photos will be taken with diploma covers as students return to their seats after walking across the stage.
After the Ceremony
Due to the tightness of the graduation schedule, please depart the facility promptly and in an orderly fashion after the ceremony. You will be able to meet your graduate outside of the Curtis Culwell Center after the ceremony. No gathering is allowed inside the building; please meet your party at your vehicle.
Flowers purchased outside of the Curtis Culwell Center will not be allowed in the building.
Every graduate will be photographed at the ceremony. If you have not received proofs within 2 weeks of the ceremony, please contact Flash Photography directly at 888-325-3930 or at www.FLASHphotography.com.
Personal photos must be taken from your seat in the audience. No monopods or tripods allowed.
Graduation DVDs and shout outs
DVD is a copy of the graduation ceremony as it is seen on the jumbotron and will be mailed to the address provided. Please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery.
See your graduates picture and a message on the Jumbotron. Just send a picture and a message!
DVD's and shout outs can both be ordered on the Curtis Culwell Center's website.
Invite family and friends to sit in 1 of 6 exclusive open air suites to cheer on your graduate on their special day.
Located on the main concourse, suites are close to restrooms and concessions stands. Suites provide a living room atmosphere with access to cable T.V. It also has a built-in countertop sink and tables for your convenience. There are only 6 suites available per graduation so be sure to secure yours today.
- 14 tickets
- 1 DVD of the graduation ceremony
Catering is available for all suites for an additional fee. It must be placed and paid for at least 3 days before the ceremony.