Garland High School offers an array of Visual Arts classes.
Students focus on developing technical skills while investigating personal concepts. Students learn art history and skills to critique artwork, but the main focus is on creating art, developing techniques, and exploring personal concepts.
Visual art prides itself in the opportunities it is able to provide the students. Museum visits, college recruiter visits and professional artist guest speakers are just a few.
The visual art department encourages peer teaching. Each year our seniors hold after-school workshops, in which they teach a medium or technique to other art students. They organize “share teams” that visit middle schools and play a big role in Garland’s community events.
- Art I part A/B
- Ceramics II, III, and IV
- Drawing II, III, and IV
- Fibers II, III, and IV
- Painting II, III, and IV
- Printmaking II, III, and IV
- Sculpture II, III, and IV
- Art drawing portfolio (AP)
- History of art (AP)
- 2-dimensional design (AP)
- 3-dimensional design (AP)
- Art I-A/B IntH - GHS only
- Art design II IntH - GHS only
- Art design III and IV (IB) - GHS only