Heather Glen encourages parents, guardians, and patrons to become an active part of the success in our school by sharing your time and talent as a volunteer.
Anyone who would like to volunteer must:
- provide a photo ID to the front office
- complete an online application and upload a copy of your photo ID
The online application can be completed at home or the main office of any campus.
What happens next?
- A background check will be performed using the Raptor Volunteer Management System.
- You will receive an email to notify you when you may begin volunteering.
Contact the Campus Engagement Coordinator or campus administration for more information and specific volunteer opportunities.
District volunteer resources
Major Benefits of being a Volunteer
Research shows that when parents are involved in their children's education, the children are more likely to:
- earn better grades.
- score higher on tests.
- pass their classes.
- attend school regularly.
- have better social skills.
- show improved behavior.
- be more positive in their attitude toward school.
- complete homework assignments.
- graduate and continue their education.
Current Volunteer Needs
This list will be updated as new volunteer needs are discovered.
We have a few open positions on the PTA board this year. For information on how to join Heather Glen's Parent Teacher Association, visit the PTA page.