Meet the teachers
Ms. Nealy, Mrs. Doan-Kane, Mrs. Zercher, Mr. Dominguez
Contact your child's teacher
ABCs of First Grade this link full of everything you ever wondered about first grade! Thank you for your interest!
- Conference time 10:00 - 10:50 a.m.
- Lunch time 11:15-11:45 a.m.
- Recess time: 11:45-12:15
First Grade Activities and Celebrations
- Pumpkin Day (October)
- Polar Express Day (December)
- Winter Holiday Party (December)
- 101st Day of School Celebration (January/February)
- Valentine’s Party (February)
- Field Trips to the Dallas Arboretum (fall semester) and Dallas World Aquarium (spring semester)
- End of Year Awards Ceremony (May/June)
Things to Work on At Home With Your Child
- Reading at least 20 minutes a day
- Reading and writing sight words
- Reading and writing numbers to 120
- Addition and Subtraction Facts to 20
- Skip counting by 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s to 120
- Practice counting coins
- Write in a daily journal
- Use the apps in ReadyHub to read and practice programs that are offered here in school