Meet the teachers
Conference Time 9:15-10:10
Lunch times 10:45-11:15
- Thanksgiving feast (November)
- Winter holiday party (December)
- 100th day of school celebration, during school (January/February)
- Valentine’s Party (February)
- Texas Celebration, during school (March)
- Butterfly release party, during school (April/May)
- Poetry recital (April)
- Zoo field trip (April/May)
- Kindergarten graduation (late May)
Frequently asked questions
When does school start?
Students should be in class working by 8:10 a.m. If your student arrives before 8 a.m., he/she will wait for the class to start and will read quietly. Students start entering class and getting to work at 8 a.m. The tardy bell rings at 8:11 a.m.
When does school end?
Kindergarten gets dismissed first. Bus riders and daycare students wait in their classroom starting at 3:15. If you are picking your child up PLEASE be there no later than 3:20.
Will you have nap time?
Will you have snack time?
Yes. Parents will be asked to send in healthy snacks like goldfish, crackers, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, etc. Students will not be permitted to share snacks with others.
Will there be homework?
Yes. Your child will memorize sight words. He/she will read daily and fill in a reading log. There will also be math homework that reinforces each lesson. There will be a few at-home projects. There will be homework due on Fridays that help reinforce the letter of the week, as well as sentence writing.
Can I help?
Yes! In both kinder classes, we need parents to help with sight words. You will receive information at the beginning of the school year about how you can help. We couldn't do what we do without our awesome parents.
Things to work on year round
- Coughing/sneezing in elbow or tissue
- Blowing nose
- Using tissue
- Washing hands
- Buttoning/zipping pants
- Tying shoes
- Visit and check out books from the local library
- Write name
- Get a notebook and have your child "journal"
- Follow directions
- Hands out of mouth, off of face, thumb sucking
- Recognizing name
- Typing name on the keyboard
- Listening comprehension (read stories and ask questions)
- Practice typing ID number on keyboard (will also use ID # when buying lunch)
- Eat healthy foods