Meet the teachers
Mr. Reyes, Mrs. Sal, Ms. Wallace, Mrs. Nwangwu
Contact your child's teacher
Our teachers' information and email addresses are listed below. You are welcome to email at anytime with questions or concerns.
Conference Time: 12:50-1:40
Lunch Time: 11:50-12:20
Recess Time: 12:20-12:45
Third grade topics
- Place value
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Data Analysis
- Geometry (Area and Perimeter)and Measurement
- Personal Financial
English Language Arts Reading
- Word decoding, phonetic (sound) knowledge, and spelling.
- Determine the meaning of unfamiliar words
- Elements of Poetry, imagery, and figurative language
- Literary Elements – characters, setting, plot, theme, conflict
- First/third person point of view
- Author’s Purpose
- Non-fiction Text Features
- Central idea
- Text Structure
- Retell and paraphrase
As part of the English Language Arts gifted curriculum, third graders also read several novels and use the Journeys and Destinations curriculum.
- Good Citizens
- Communication & Transportation
- Community Economics
- Heritage & Culture
These are the topics, however, Social Studies is currently being integrated with the ELAR curriculum.
- Working like a scientist
- Organisms and Ecosystems
- Earth and its resources
- The sun and the solar system
- Force, Energy, and Motion
- Matter and Mixtures
We also participate in the GISD STEAM challenges, performance projects, EiE curriculum (Engineering is Elementary) for the magnet students, and Texas Performance Standards Projects (TPSP).
What else can my child work on?
We have the following programs available to students via Ready Hub or online.
*Stars are for programs that are not on Ready Hub so students need the teacher/class login info.*