P.E. is important at Hillside
Mr Bass says, "I've been teaching for 7 years now.I was born and raised in Puerto Rico and I've been married for 17 years. I'm a father of 1 girl and 2 boys. I love reading, spending time with friends and family and I also love going to the beach. I truly believe in the healing power of Physical Education and how it can impact our future as a Nation in a positive way. That's why I feel blessed to have the privilege to be a Physical Education teacher."
P.E. is an integral part of your child's week at school. Every student at Hillside Academy will go to P.E. three times a week for a period of 45 minutes during their Specials time. Each week, one student from each homeroom is picked to be the P.E. Star of the Week. This is given to students that try their best in various P.E. activities and follow the P.E. expectations. These students get to lead exercises, be the first student to line up at the end of class, as well as receive a bookmark and a surprise at the end of the week.
Please view the letter that is sent out to parents at the beginning of each school year to be informed of expectations and guidelines to keep students safe.
Physical Education News
We have many fun things to learn and do in P.E. at Hillside. In order to do these things safely, we have some basic guidelines for each student.
- Talk at appropriate times.
- Sit correctly during instruction and dismissal.
- Participate in all activities.
- Avoid using vulgar language or gestures.
- Treat teachers and other students with respect.
- Wear the correct P.E. shoes and clothes.
- Run and play at appropriate times.
- Whistle Stop (stop, sit, and listen when the whistle blows).
- Show good sportsmanship.
- Respect equipment.
- Follow directions of teachers.