Policies & procedures
What to Expect: Procedures During In-Person Learning
Spanish - A Day In The Life: Procedures During In-Person Learning
Sam Houston Middle School students are required to adhere to the standard dress code policy. Standardized dress calls for general clothing types that can be purchased from most chain stores and are not specific to brand or manufacturer. Clothing is expected to be clean, neat, properly fitted, with all hems intact.
- Shirts: Red, white and navy blue polo-style shirts with buttons (short or long sleeve, no logos). Shirts must be tucked in while on campus. Shirts must be of the appropriate size and fit.
- Sweaters: Red, white and navy blue sweaters. Dress code compliant shirts must be worn underneath sweaters. The shirts must be tucked in. Sweaters must be of the appropriate size and fit.
- Slacks and shorts: Navy, khaki or black slacks or shorts. Slacks and shorts must be worn at the waist (No sagging). Cargo style pants are not allowed. Shorts must be at least knee length. Slacks and shorts must be of the appropriate size and fit. Slacks and shorts made of denim or corduroy will not be permitted.
- Skirts, capris, and jumpers: Navy, khaki or black skirts, capris, and jumpers may be worn by girls only. Skirts, capris, and jumpers must be of the appropriate size and fit.
- Shoes and socks: Tennis shoes, loafers, dress shoes, or other closed toe shoes are acceptable. Tennis shoes will be necessary for physical education classes.
Sam Houston tardy policy
|4th||30 minute detention|
|5th||30 minute detention|
|8th||Tuesday and Thursday School|
|9th||one day of ISS|
|10th||two days of ISS|
|11th||more severe disciplinary action|
Sam Houston parent involvement policy
Sam Houston Middle School recognizes that a child’s education is a responsibility shared by the school and family during the entire period the child spends in school. To support the goal that all children succeed academically and in life, the school and parents must work together as partners.
To support our mission of providing an exceptional education to all students, we have created policies designed to help your student have the best possible education experience.
- Student Code of Conduct & Handbook (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)-Spanish (PDF)
- Parent Involvement Policy
Visit the Policies page on the district website for additional polices and related information.