Family Engagement survey
Each year the schools ask parents to provide feedback about our school family engagement. This feedback helps us identify our strengths and areas for improvement. As a parent, please respond to each statement on the survey. Your input is invaluable!
- Morning drop-off procedures
- Afternoon pick-up procedures
- Parent involvement
- Goals and objectives
- Volunteers needed
- Please note that for morning drop-off, parents may use the entrance to the front driveway or the entrance closest to the gym via Hudson Drive. There will be no entrance via Miles Road.
- Both entrances along Hudson Drive will be one-way only.
- If parents choose to drop their students off at the front doors, the outside lanes are used for parking and waiting for students to exit, while the middle lane is used as a “drive-through” area once students have exited the vehicle.
- If parents choose to use the gym door drop-off, students may be dropped off along the left side of the driveway close to the gym door. Students who are dropped off by the gym must enter directly into the gym, not walk around to any other entrances.
- The right side of the driveway by the gym will be “drive-through” only, while the left side will be the “drop off area.” Vehicles on the right lane will not be allowed to stop once they enter that lane. Stopping will occur only on the left lane.
- Students will wait in the gym until 8:00 a.m., if they are eating breakfast.They will proceed to the cafeteria through the building at the appropriate time, 8:00 a.m. They may also go to tutorials at 8:10 a.m., if they have a parent or teacher note stating the need for tutorials.If they are not eating breakfast, they will stay in the gym until 8:42 a.m., when the bell rings to dismiss them to class.
- Students who are dropped off in the front driveway will enter through the main front entrance and will proceed to the gym, if it’s before 8:00 a.m. or if they are not eating breakfast or going to tutorials. Tutorials do not begin until 8:10 a.m. If it is AFTER 8:00 a.m. (breakfast) or 8:10 a.m. (tutorials), they may proceed directly to the appropriate area instead of going to the gym.
- The entrance off of Miles Road will only be used by staff and GISD buses. Buses will make the circle and exit through the one way driveway as they merge with parent traffic.
- The driveway off of Miles that runs to the back of Hudson will be a one-way, therefore no parent traffic will enter that way, but parents will exit that way.
- Pick-up procedures are the same as drop-off, with one exception.
- Students will exit from many doors at the 4:00 p.m. bell, so the back area can be used for parking and waiting for students in the afternoon. Vehicles who are waiting for students to load must wait in the left lane, while vehicles who have loaded their students and are ready to leave, will merge into the right lane. The left lane is “pick-up” only and the right lane is “drive-through” only. The exit onto Miles Road is only an exit (one-way). No parent traffic will be allowed to enter from Miles Road.